Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Build Help

(XBOX)Sabre343

Question

As the title says I'm haveing trouble getting a good build build on Chroma for high level play ussualy with my build (Vitality Steel fiber streamline constitution continuty intensify flow and rage) on fire chroma I ussually cant keep vex armor up long enough or have enough armor to not kill the enemys aroind me any builds that I could use to make chroma the near invincible tank hes supposed to be? 

5 answers to this question

You're gonna need Primed mods and maxed Corrupted mods. You'll want Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude, maxed for power, and Narrow Minded, for duration. Primed Continuity will also help more than normal Continuity would. No room for efficiency in this build.

This is what I got. This is end-game compatible. http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Chroma/t_30_3340222430_2-3-10-12-4-10-13-0-3-19-7-10-34-8-5-49-2-10-411-6-10-479-5-10-481-1-10-615-9-5_13-7-481-7-49-8-2-12-12-8-479-7-411-8-19-7-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-34

Edited by Exploderizer

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Sabre343 said:

fire chroma

This is one of your biggest problems right here.

Even though fire gives more health, ice gives 

a) Projectile reflect (lol, GG Bombards, Scorpions, Ancient

b) Armor that gets multiplied by Vex Armor

c) Slow on hit-scan enemies (cuts Gunner DPS in half)

These three factors massively increase survivability over any other element.

I usually run (Corrosive Projection), Power Drift, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Constitution, Prime Continuity, NarrowMinded, Rage, Transient Fortitude, then either (a) Primed Flow, (b) Intensify, or (c) Everlasting Ward, situation dependent.

You could drop Rage if using Zenurik/willing to use pads from time to time, but I find the energy gain while using Effigy/able to keep energy topped off is enough for me. Buffs are a very manageable 125 energy total, as well.

I wouldn't go with Blind Rage specifically, but I do recommend combining Transient Fortitude, Intensify, and Power Drift for the 200% Strength and if you're into Simaris, get Energy Conversion. You're also going to need Narrow Minded for the mass amounts of duration.

Vitality and Steel Fiber are obvious musts, and Vigor is also important to maximize your shield buff unless you choose to run with Electric Chroma. Primed Continuity is essentially a requirement, and Constitution is recommended.

If you're not running Zenurik, I also recommend Rage, ESPECIALLY if you choose to go down the path of Blind Rage.

Here is my framework.  Rage is negotiable because Zenurik, and the empty slot is for either Intensify for solo play, or Everlasting Ward for when we get it.  I run Ice Chroma unless I'm fighting Infested, in which case I use Fire, and I run him with a full stack of Guardian and Grace.  It's pretty much godmode.  Played around with a L100 Conculyst earlier today in the simulacrum, and the thing couldn't kill me.  However, even with Grace, a Winds of Purity Furis is pretty much bolted to my hip at all times, along with a Toxin Glaive for self damage to maintain the Fury buff and murder the no fun zone backpack snipers, and a Raksa kubrow to maintain my shields and provide some cc.  Additionally, if I'm going melee against the Infested, I bring Prisma Dual Cleavers for even more cc, armor and health restore from the syndicate bomb.

This build also allows for a minimum cost per second, Primed Flow and Energy Conversion Effigy build, if you're looking to maintain credit farming utility.

I was incredibly skeptical about 3 Vazarin, and forma'ing out my Naramon for one of those Vazarin, but so far at least, it's exceeding expectations.  Oh, and the handspring is practically a requirement for high level void play - the only thing that's going to kill you is most likely getting knocked down and then winding up inside a bubble with your buffs gone, and then you might as well hand the closest enemy a misericorde.