Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea To Make Resistance Mods Better Overall

Dipstick

IMO I think that if the resistance mods not only gave you specific resistances but also buffed the damage for that same type, it would make these mods more useful.

Say you are playing frost and you put on the frost resistance mod. I do not know what this mod is really good for besides pvp in its current state, but with this change ice wave, freeze and avalanche would now do a modest 10% more damage. This isn't a game breaking amount and would be a fun way to get more damage on some frames. 

The only thing i am not sure about is if it would affect weapon mods with the same elemental effect.

What do you guys think?

(sorry if someone already had this idea if its already out there, I tried to find it)

Not going to waste mod slot for even 100% ice resistance if the chance for getting ice level is like 0.1%

Actually, it is much worse than you think.  Ice resistance (from the mod Insulation) does not effect ice levels.  There is a separate mod for that (called Warm Coat).  So Insulation only effects straight up ice damage from enemies.  If you can't think of any enemies which actually deal ice damage, that's because only Lech Kril does (a boss).  And he only deals ice damage from one attack. 

Actually, it is much worse than you think.  Ice resistance (from the mod Insulation) does not effect ice levels.  There is a separate mod for that (called Warm Coat).  So Insulation only effects straight up ice damage from enemies.  If you can't think of any enemies which actually deal ice damage, that's because only Lech Kril does (a boss).  And he only deals ice damage from one attack. 

This all compounds on the point that these mods are rather useless.

I'm already having trouble fitting my frames with the mods that I NEED, let alone defense mods for a particular enemy group, AND ONE enemy boss AND a level circumstance that I encounter once every 50 games.

Like, what the actual f*ck, these mods open potential for defensive options, but are so god awful useless I will never use them.

I believe these are intended for pvp, honestly. The percentages are bad regardless.

The saddest part is, unless these mods are changed to max out at around 100%, they will even be useless in PvP.  Good weapons usually use at least two elements (and often use all of them).  Even if a weapon only uses one extra type of damage (let's say fire, for this example), a 100% fire damage mitigation would still block less than half of the total damage from that weapon (because the maximum amount of fire damage is +90%).  And that's the best case scenario, when a player knows what types of damage his/her competitor will use ahead of time. 

All in all, it would be better to just use standard defensive mods, instead of element-specific ones.  That way, you can always predict how durable you will be during a battle. 

actually if the resistance to a specific element was factored in before armor, it could be quite a bit of damage mitigated. But tbh, not too many baddies actually cause elemental damage. If they tacked on a damage buff with the resistance, it would makes sense to use the fire with ember, ice with frost, and so on. They could rename the mods (x element) affinity, instead of resistance. This game is all about shields anyway since healing is so freaking had.