Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Champion Concept] Dico - Summoner Warframe

Kai

This is Dico, the summoner. The gatherer.

Calling forth creatures long forgotten, Dico charges to battle with powerful and loyal allies, controlling the battlefield in multiple fronts. Heed his call Tenno, you might just get a glimpse of history.

Passive - Summoner's Proficiency and Hunt

Summoner's Proficiency - Dico gains increased casting speed, decreasing each time a summon is already active.

Hunt - Whenever Dico or his allies marks an enemy target (default button "G"), any summon near the target will cause them to perform a unique attack.

First Ability - Shadow Wolf

Dico unleashes a Shadow Wolf from the deepest of space, bearing its umbral fangs to waste foes into nothingness. The Shadow Wolf is quite agile and can maneuver around terrain and perform wall-jumps towards his prey and will occasionally drag enemies knocked down towards Dico with frightening speed.

If an enemy is marked for the Hunt, the Shadow Wolf becomes cloaked in darkness and will start stalking his prey, pinning them down upon close range and dealing heavy damage with a single bite. If the marked target dies from the Shadow Wolf, he becomes empowered - gaining an increase in health, size and damage as well as becoming invisible momentarily.

• Augment - Shadowless Leap
  • Performing a Bullet Jump will briefly apply invisibility to Dico and upon landing, silents Dico's attacks for a duration. If the Shadow Wolf is active, the invisibility persists upon landing for a few seconds.

Second Ability - Void Wing

Calls forth Void Wing, a great winged beast to circle the skies around Dico. The Void Wing flies with unbound territory, shifting through unknown spaces that would defy reality so it can drag her enemies to nowhere. Void Wing prefers to attack enemies who would dare attack Dico from the air and will periodically swoop down to strike enemies on the ground with her void-infused talons at blinding speed.

If an enemy is marked for the Hunt, Void Wing will swoop down and grab the target with her claws, lifting them up before dropping them from a terrible height, regardless if there were any form of boundary from above. If the marked target dies from the Void Wing, she becomes empowered - gaining an increase in speed and damage as well as causing her swooping attacks to drag enemies towards her destination - usually in cliffs to inflict fatal damage.

• Augment Feather Rain
  • Marking the ground instead of an enemy target will prompt Void Wing to circle the area briefly before unleashing a torrent of void feathers, dealing Radiation and Puncture damage and knocking down enemies caught. Shares the same cooldown as the Void Wing's Hunt Attack.

Third Ability - Rift Heka

Lures out a Rift Heka from a different space to charge at Dico's enemies. The Rift Heka is a slow yet towering bruiser possessing four arms, utilizing brute strength to pound enemies to the ground as well as grabbing nearby foes with its other hands to slowly crush them in his grasps. The Rift Heka will occasionally create a Rift Space around it, preventing enemies caught and within its grasp unable to escape.

If an enemy is marked for the Hunt, the Rift Heka will grab the target with its right arm before raising them in the air for Dico and his allies to shoot freely while simultaneously crushing the target with his hand. If the marked target dies while within grasp of the Rift Heka, it becomes empowered - gaining an increase in health and armor as well regenerating his health overtime for a brief duration.

• Augment Hekaton Slam
  • The Rift Heka will now occasionally perform a powerful ground slam with all his arms, dealing Impact damage in a large radius around him as well as inflicting Bleeding to enemy units already within his grasps. 

Fourth Ability - Merge

Dico temporarily fuses with one of his summon, granting Dico the ability of his loyal ally for a duration. Depending on which summon he merges with, he is granted varying abilities:

• Shadow Wolf Dico dons the pelt of a Shadow Wolf, granting him increased attack speed with his melee attacks as well as granting brief invisibility each time he kills an enemy unit with melee. Additionally, Dico's sprint speed is doubled and wall attacks are guaranteed critical hit.
  • Void Wing Dico covers himself with the feathers of the Void Wing, granting him increased damage while in the air as well as causing his bullet jumps to travel twice the normal distance. Additionally, Dico gains more time while Aim Gliding as well as lower descend speed.
  • Rift Heka Dico sprouts two temporal arms behind him, akin to that of a Rift Heka. Each temporal arm wields a phantasm of Dico's holstered weapons and will independently attack enemies of their own. If Dico is only equipped with two weapons, both temporal arms will wield the same copy of the holstered weapon while wielding only one weapon will cause both temporal arms to wield the same copy of Dico's currently equipped weapon.

• Augment Amalgamation
  • Dico can now fuse with two of his summons, granting both abilities to Dico while active. This can be done by re-activating Merge with another summon closes to the player's target reticule. 

----

Summoning Mechanics and Merge

- Having an active summon will drain Dico's energy per second per summon.

- If a summon dies, the ability will go on a 15 second cooldown.

- Summon(s) benefits from Health and Shield Restore.

- Summons has a leash range in which they can move around with a minimum of 15 meters, increased by Dico's Power Range.

- Activating Shadow Wolf, Void Wing or Rift Heka while the summon is already active will cause them to stop performing any actions and will move towards Dico before which dispersing upon reaching him.

- Merge applies to the closes summon within the player's target reticule.

- Summons can be seen by the player through walls and through obstacle, taking on the player's energy color.

- Dico can still naturally gain Energy while any summon is active.

- Each summon's unique attack (Shadow Wolf's Pin Down, Void Wing's Grab, Rift Heka's Grasp) has a cooldown of 30 seconds and will not perform their unique attack even if a marked target is near them but will perform their unique attack as soon as it is on cooldown has refreshed.

Edited by Harowing

I like your idea of this warframe, it reminds me a lot of the druid from Diablo II in a way.  I am not sure that DE would allow a frame that could summon creatures that by your info seem really over powered.  Some of those skills are insane and would be nice to have.  Maybe if you put some numbers to the damage each creature did per hit/skill it would help qualify the validity of this warframe existing in the future of Warframe!

I like it, though it would put another nail in the coffin for Oberon sense he is supposed to be a druid like warframe. This seems like a void druid to me, and thats not wrong. I have 1 question, can you have more then one of the same summon out at a time?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Nyxn607 said:

I like your idea of this warframe, it reminds me a lot of the druid from Diablo II in a way.  I am not sure that DE would allow a frame that could summon creatures that by your info seem really over powered.  Some of those skills are insane and would be nice to have.  Maybe if you put some numbers to the damage each creature did per hit/skill it would help qualify the validity of this warframe existing in the future of Warframe!

while numbers certainly help the validity of possibility, it is truly unnecessary for concept though as even I don't know how DE balances their stuff through numbers. Thanks for the feedback though!

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

I like it, though it would put another nail in the coffin for Oberon sense he is supposed to be a druid like warframe. This seems like a void druid to me, and thats not wrong. I have 1 question, can you have more then one of the same summon out at a time?

If you mean by having Shadow Wolf, Void Wing and Rift Heka all out the same time? Yes you certainly can! But if you mean having two Shadow Wolves? or a flock of Void Wing? Sadly no. The summons itself should be good by itself independently, don't really want FPS Drops with your screen is covered with pets XD. 

Just now, Harowing said:

If you mean by having Shadow Wolf, Void Wing and Rift Heka all out the same time? Yes you certainly can! But if you mean having two Shadow Wolves? or a flock of Void Wing? Sadly no. The summons itself should be good by itself independently, don't really want FPS Drops with your screen is covered with pets XD. 

Fair enough. How about augments for the summons then?