Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do green ticks beside sortie list rewards mean something more?

Ioeper32

Question

I just got back to wf recently and noticed the sortie reward list UI now have green ticks checked off items you had gained from this season's reward.

My question is whether the green ticks merely inform you  you had already gained this particular item this season or does it mean the next time I get a sortie reward in the same season there won't be a chance to get a repeat item? For example do green ticks mean you will never get the same reward which has already had a green tick checked beside it? 

ewdIN2r.png

10 answers to this question

It means you got that reward on that particular season. You can NOT get the same reward on the same season, but you can still get chosen for it, in which case you will get rare Fusion Cores instead. one of the rewards that are not marked with a checkbox, but those with a dash.

Example with your picture:

You do the sorties tomorrow and you are chosen to get a Madurai Lens. However, as you already got one this season, you will get instead 25 or 50 rare Fusion Cores. anything that is between the "25x Fusion Core" up to the "Orokin Reactor Blueprint".

As a note, this is my own speculation, but I believe the dash rewards are ordered in rarity. So you will most likely just get 25 rare fusion cores almost always.

Dash rewards are actually rewards that can be given repeatedly.

Edit: Expanding on the example, if you want another Madurai Lens, you will have to wait until the season changes, the list will be cleared when that happens. As to when that happens, I don't know.

Edit 2: Changed information, as it was incorrect. Thanks to -AR.D2 for letting me know. Check his post a few below this one, he has a nice explanation and source.

Edited by HellEnforcer

5 minutes ago, Ioeper32 said:

Thanks and WOW. DE really improved this. 

Not really, this system is actually horrible. People who answered before are wrong, you can only get 25 or 50 cores as substitute for item you already have. So after you get most of non repeated rewards it will become a corefest. 

13 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

So after you get most of non repeated rewards it will become a corefest. 

what's horrible about a corefest?

most people already do the sorties for cores, because

- after you get nezha, all nezha parts are useless

- half of the focus schools are useless, and most people already maxed the other ones

- event weapons are meh, only useful for the mastery

and by the time players can complete sorties, they should learn that legendary core and catalyst/reactor bp is on the list just to tease people

also, i'm happy that sorties give cores, way more fun than grinding hieracon or triton 24/7 to max my primed mods.

5 hours ago, ograzzt said:

Not really, this system is actually horrible. People who answered before are wrong, you can only get 25 or 50 cores as substitute for item you already have. So after you get most of non repeated rewards it will become a corefest. 

"System is horrible because it doesn't give me everything I want when I want it"?

It is a good thing the game isn't geared around people who have no use for anything in the game due to playing since Beta or bought their way to everything and have no reason to play other than the investment made to date.

TL;DR Cores are useful for the majority of the gaming population, even if they aren't for you.

Edited by Wopel

24 minutes ago, Wopel said:

"System is horrible because it doesn't give me everything I want when I want it"?

It is a good thing the game isn't geared around people who have no use for anything in the game due to playing since Beta or bought their way to everything and have no reason to play other than the investment made to date.

TL;DR Cores are useful for the majority of the gaming population, even if they aren't for you.

System is horrible because it's delusive - a lot of people think their chances for something non-repeated become better with each new sortie (nope).

System is horrible because it make harder to get weapons. At least before that you could trade your duplicates for the parts you need. Of course it is not so important now, when sortie seasons lasts for months, but if we'll return to old 14 days sortie seasons we'll have huge problems.

System is horrible because DE promised us token system + cores as additional reward for each set of sorties, but in the end we keep getting ONLY cores all the time.

12 hours ago, HellEnforcer said:

You do the sorties tomorrow and you are chosen to get a Madurai Lens. However, as you already got one this season, you will get instead anything that is between the "25x Fusion Core" up to the "Orokin Reactor Blueprint".

Untrue I'm afraid. You would instead have a chance of getting either x25 cores or x50 cores.

The dash rewards just denotes that they're repeatable rewards. Checked non-repeatable rewards are substituted with cores.

More in-depth explanation for the OP (taken from 18.4.5 patch notes):

8HoDDaJ.png

Edited by -AR.D2

7 hours ago, -AR.D2 said:

Untrue I'm afraid. You would instead have a chance of getting either x25 cores or x50 cores.

The dash rewards just denotes that they're repeatable rewards. Checked non-repeatable rewards are substituted with cores.

More in-depth explanation for the OP (taken from 18.4.5 patch notes):

8HoDDaJ.png

Oh, that explains a lot. Many thanks for the clarification. I will edit my reply to avoid misinformation.

Edit: I can't give you the "good answer" vote. Or whatever name it has. I thought they were done fiddling with it.

Edited by HellEnforcer