Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need some criticism and/or advice on my Volt Prime build...

The_Bomb_Tastic

Question

So, at the time of writing this my Volt Prime is in the foundry with one day and 15 hours to go until it's finished building. I am at mastery 5 and I have been a Volt main ever since I first started to play this game (one year and 5 months ago). However, I stopped playing a while back (like, update 16.5-ish) so I decided to return to Warframe as soon as school ended this year (in America, if you're curious). All of the knowledge I've had in the past about this game has somewhat stuck with me, (but I'm honestly still re-adjusting a bit, trying to find out what "EV", "Draco", and everthing else means lol) so I decided to keep farming for Volt Prime. 

I have noticed that my Volt doesn't have the best build right now, so before I waste any forma on my prime version, I want to see if this is endgame viable. I have succeded I getting his parts and saving up some forma (3) and an exilus adapter for him, to make him suit my needs ayy get it? cuz warframes are basically suits xDddDDDdD once he's built.

This build is specifically designed to make Volt not as squishy as before, and help out the team as well. Here is my loadout. Please tell me if I should lower the level of a mod, or maybe replace a mod with a better one, or tell me how to use my forma more efficiently. Just give me criticism or advice.

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, a99Bomb99 said:

Thanks for the advice! I do have some concerns, though. I really want to test out my Volt Primes build, but what if I don't like it? What would I do with the lost forma? While I could change it, that would take time. Mostly because I am out of forma/forma blueprints (and I can't seem to find more either), but also because it would be extremely time consuming, having to reapply forma over and over again just because I got screwed over by a build that didn't work for me.

Also, thanks for the explanation of Draco and EV. c:

Use as many unranked mods as necessary to squeeze in the build in the Simulacrum against lower level enemies to get an overall feel, coupled with dropping mods sequentially to feel out each individual element using maxed mods prior to using any forma.  It's kinda clunky and takes a while, but it'll give you enough of an overall feel to figure out if the build is suitable to your playstyle.  Between that and some reading, you should be able to dial in enough that, at worst, maybe only like 2 repolarizations would be necessary, and personally, I've only ever had to do one additional polarization (and in both cases - Frost and Excal - it was simply adding another polarity, not changing a polarity).

Also, forma bp's:  T2S rotation A, T4D rotation A, T3 Sab (which also has a small chance to drop a crafted forma)

Edit:  Not a complete list for forma bp's, just the best places in my opinion.  Full list here

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann
Additional information

It's hard to tell, I only use the In game builder to work on builds, but you may be overworking the range a bit. It also depends on what you are building the particular volt to do. But try your build out and change as necessary. It's your volt bud. As far as forma goes, what I personally ally do is when I try my builds out for the first time, keep in mind what you definitely can't do without, and what you need more of. Once you know what you definitely need on the frame, drop a forma for that mod, rinse and repeat. Don't forget the drift mods, they work great for topping off a little extra something. I personally haven't played volt since the update so it's hard to give input. You always have the drift mods if you need to nerf range for more strength ect. I always pick an ability out to mod for, then prioritize mods in order of importance for that ability. And btw, Draco is an interception mission on ceres, and an ev stands for energy vampire trinity build.

11 hours ago, (PS4)bad_dreams said:

It's hard to tell, I only use the In game builder to work on builds, but you may be overworking the range a bit. It also depends on what you are building the particular volt to do. But try your build out and change as necessary. It's your volt bud. As far as forma goes, what I personally ally do is when I try my builds out for the first time, keep in mind what you definitely can't do without, and what you need more of. Once you know what you definitely need on the frame, drop a forma for that mod, rinse and repeat. Don't forget the drift mods, they work great for topping off a little extra something. I personally haven't played volt since the update so it's hard to give input. You always have the drift mods if you need to nerf range for more strength ect. I always pick an ability out to mod for, then prioritize mods in order of importance for that ability. And btw, Draco is an interception mission on ceres, and an ev stands for energy vampire trinity build.

Thanks for the advice! I do have some concerns, though. I really want to test out my Volt Primes build, but what if I don't like it? What would I do with the lost forma? While I could change it, that would take time. Mostly because I am out of forma/forma blueprints (and I can't seem to find more either), but also because it would be extremely time consuming, having to reapply forma over and over again just because I got screwed over by a build that didn't work for me.

Also, thanks for the explanation of Draco and EV. c:

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Use as many unranked mods as necessary to squeeze in the build in the Simulacrum against lower level enemies to get an overall feel, coupled with dropping mods sequentially to feel out each individual element using maxed mods prior to using any forma.  It's kinda clunky and takes a while, but it'll give you enough of an overall feel to figure out if the build is suitable to your playstyle.  Between that and some reading, you should be able to dial in enough that, at worst, maybe only like 2 repolarizations would be necessary, and personally, I've only ever had to do one additional polarization (and in both cases - Frost and Excal - it was simply adding another polarity, not changing a polarity).

Also, forma bp's:  T2S rotation A, T4D rotation A, T3 Sab (which also has a small chance to drop a crafted forma)

I would have never thought of a strategy like that. It'll probably be a bit clunky with corrupt mods as the negative aspects grow stronger with each level up, but it seems effective nontheless. Also, I thought forma was available in any Tier survival/defense, thanks for telling me the actual places to find them and the strategy!