Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Void

Tent27

Just finished a Void Raid 2 by myself. I wasted 2 revives. Why?

The MASSIVE amount of Shield Ospreys, and Heavy Grineers.

I use a bolto and boltor, and I can't HIT those god damn things no matter how hard I try.

Not only that, but when I revived the second time, I had 6 Heavy Grineers protected by 4 Shield Ospreys, WHO ALL USED THEIR ABILITY ON ME. AT THE SAME TIME. And caused me to get taken down from 630 Shield and 445 Health, to 30 health.

Spamming hard mobs upon hard mobs =/= Challenge.

Fix pls.

I think the problem there isn't with the game, but with your gear.
Everyone knows there are lots of shield bots in the Void. So why did you take 2 bolt weapons when you know you'll have to shoot 'em down?

Also, Tower 2 is fairly difficult, so the problem would also be that you were soloing.
Furthermore, when in doubt, press 4. If you're using Excalibur as indicated by your avatar, Javelin's a great shield piercer.

I think the problem there isn't with the game, but with your gear.

Everyone knows there are lots of shield bots in the Void. So why did you take 2 bolt weapons when you know you'll have to shoot 'em down?

Also, Tower 2 is fairly difficult, so the problem would also be that you were soloing.

Furthermore, when in doubt, press 4. If you're using Excalibur as indicated by your avatar, Javelin's a great shield piercer.

Using Rhino.

Also, because Bolts are great against everything, except god damn Shield Ospreys.

I solo these but I use a mid range rifle like the Latron the broncos for close ein and duel eather swords for when i am in need of having to stun lock something.  Also being a volt helps Overload is perfect for overwhelming odds.  Plus the Shield generators for those guys go down fast when using broncos.

You can also go nuts and do all Close range like the Boar and dual broncos to take out anything in front of you.  Down side with all CQB weapons is you cannot reach out and touch something from a distance. 

I enjoy the challenge, personally. This game is pretty easy, and anything that makes me waste a couple revives (but that I can still complete) is only something I'd try to get better at and enjoy the challenge of, not complain about.

From your post Tent27, I think you already know why you're having a hard time but yeah it must be frustrating for you.  Just take a short break and adjusting your frame/gears again and I think you will be soloing it just fine since you already know what the problem already.  And remember, don't just fixate on one or two weapons, others also have their purposes.

I don't/can't use all of my skills because of space restrictions.

I understand, I own a few frames, where there ability mod slots are used for more useful mods. But Rhino's Iron Skin is probably his best ability.