Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Activating Passives on focus skill tree

(XBOX)SLIM PR1ME

Question

I have heard so many people say Zenurik will help you keep your energy up on frames with low efficiency.  Can someone help me understand how to activate these passives in mission?  Do you need to use your actual Focus ability after it charges to activate passives or are they active at the front of each mission?  Do all this come from the school you have set as main no matter what lenses you have equipped etc?  Example, Can I get zenurik passives during mission if its set as main but i have madurai lenses on my frame and weapons? Thanks for any help you can provide. 

4 answers to this question

You need to use the focus ability atleast once to enable the passives for the focus.

EX: Must use mind freak for naramon to enable "Shadow Step"

Lenses only affect what affinity you gain. This does not alter anything else.

You got a maudrai lens on your weapon, well you get a maudrai focus points.

Zenurik's energy overflow can give up to 4 eng per second If I am right at max rank.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.

1 hour ago, Magnulast said:

You need to use the focus ability atleast once to enable the passives for the focus.

EX: Must use mind freak for naramon to enable "Shadow Step"

Lenses only affect what affinity you gain. This does not alter anything else.

You got a maudrai lens on your weapon, well you get a maudrai focus points.

Zenurik's energy overflow can give up to 4 eng per second If I am right at max rank.

So basically if i go into a 20 min survival, I activate my 5th ability once after it builds up all passives are active from then till end of mission?  or does the passive only work while you are using the power and it must be recast?

1 hour ago, (XB1)GHOST AG3NT SLM said:

So basically if i go into a 20 min survival, I activate my 5th ability once after it builds up all passives are active from then till end of mission?  or does the passive only work while you are using the power and it must be recast?

Yup! Once cast, the passive will remain until the end of the mission! :D

I enjoy zenurik a lot. It's great on squishy frames that rely on quick thinking to stay alive, it's great on frames that aren't energy efficient.

but I also really like naramin and vazarin. I don't have experience with the other two to really have an opinion. :(