Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working on a video game project!

Darksalge

??????????

COLORCREED is a game I've been working on since December 7th, 2015. The game has been growing slowly, and not many major updates have taken place for COLORCREED, as I've polished up broken scripts I've worked on for the game before expanding on content for it.

??????????; dat lore doe fam??

A light day, dormant moons ago, a land in paradise was plenty with it's hue and grace. The animals who migrated and left their land resided at the oasis, and this trace of land formed a colony, habitat for many of it's wild. All resource was shared and divided with it's many populace, and all of it's land was at peace. One day, the light of the midnight sky arranged a powerful force assembled of pure daylight, forever shining - a rainbow. That very night, a gloomy night indeed, pouring clouds of rain split apart, and from the skies, dropped out descendants of darkness, taking away all of the land's color. With this uncontested force, all oasis of the promised land of nature, fell into mass void, and all of the animals went into a stage of corruption. A new formed species from the entirety of the aftermath of the rainy sky, the colossus of Shadowbeasts, became the sole host of the colors. All of the colors in the rainbow - if taken away by the monsters, the queen of the Hive, Vixen, will become a god. If they succeed, life will fall into it's own desolate void.

Fighting to bring back the colors of the world, Mayor Caramel of Marshmall, the capital of Mulligan, clashed against the beasts. She deployed her dearest warriors, but in failiure, the soldiers fell into despair, the mission failed, and banished into the endless space of darkness, never spoken of again. In rage, Caramel left her office and sent herself into the raging, torn fields of Abahan, the Corrupted Island flushed in darkness, with her
hand cannon, to fight the Shadowbeasts solitary. Her actions lead her to demise as the Beasts took her color, leaving the original host's body
paralyzed and helpless, that evening on August. With Caramel's color, Lavender, and the other hosts' souls which inherited the color captive, Mulligan broke apart, nothing to control them. They began fighting to take Caramel's control for themselves, before her life was taken. March 13, recorded by a soldier, war had taken place between Marshmall and Alfredo, to take on control of one another, going once for the power of mayor, and going twice for control of their entire state. A day of a mourning loss, and a night of an undying fight passes,  a prophet was
spoken by the Ginger Elven to reunite the torn cities and streets. "10 warriors, with the powers in their hands, shall take on the army of Shadowbeasts, and cast them away into a dark, seemless void."

Shocked, having faith in the prophet, praying for the prophet, men and women rejoiced and waited for the day for the prophet's events to take
place. The war had ceased. Today, a hero arrives in the main town of Cookie, a northern town in Mulligan. This hero's name shall be decided soon..

??????????; dat characters doe fam??

I can only name a few which are introduced in the beginning of the game, and a half of their lore.

Grandfather Clock; Grandfather Clock is the grandfather of Candy, another character in the story. Grandfather Clock worked at a music box shop / in this timeline of the world, the music box was just beginning to grow in popularity because it was recently invented and was advertised well across other markets and on television (the timeline mixes present, past, and future together), but one day, demons begun inheriting his mind, and his soul was extracted from his body, leaving no choice but to possess one of his own music boxes to survive, and now in his head, he has to fight off waves of demons that swarm him just to stay alive, and keeps his hopes for his family and his friends.

Candy; once a human, now a demon. Candy became the size of a Skittle, thus being given a nickname by some other protagonists "Skittles". Despite being a demon she has good intentions, and willing to fight with her grandfather against the demons to keep his family alive; after all, he is the only one in her family left before she becomes an orphan. Candy is the friend of King Zodiac, another character in the story!

King Zodiac; a giant green slime. All slimes have a different text style (voices, in the game.) which depend on their personalities. Because Zodiac wants everyone to be proper and clean people, (but if they don't like that, he respects their decisions and let's them enjoy what they enjoy), and because he is always organized and clean, he is given this text style - I will show one of his quotes.

"? ??????'? ????? ???? ?? ? ???? ???, ??? ??????'? ???? ?? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ? ???? ????? ??????? ???? ???? ??????, ??????'? ???? ??? ?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ?? ????? ????, ? ??????? ????. ???? ??????, ??'? ???? ?????? ??? ???? ?? ? ???????? ?????? ??? ??????."

Lane;  a complete drunkie. All other parts of his story are spoilers to the main lore of COLORCREED, surprisingly.

-

Aaaand that's about it of what I'm going to show you for COLORCREED, seeya mates.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a continued WIP, it's gonna take a long time until I make a stable version for everyone to play - no estimated release date.

Also, everything is named after a certain kind of food, there's even a land entirely constructed of Doritos.

On 6/26/2016 at 7:59 AM, Darksalge said:

It's a continued WIP, it's gonna take a long time until I make a stable version for everyone to play - no estimated release date.

Also, everything is named after a certain kind of food, there's even a land entirely constructed of Doritos.

With rivers of mountain dew, the land of the Xbox cod gamers?

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Awesomeness

Sorry guys that I've been inactive on this post for a while, I haven't been lately online much on the Warframe forums and I almost abandoned this forum post entirely!

Anyways, in response to @GiantDad_Prime, here is a character I haven't shown in the main OP yet. Because the game requires you to collect colors the Shadowbeasts have scattered upon in different regions, there are 2 sprite versions of this character - uncolored and colored. 

This is Kheffi the Genie, a demon who rebelled against his own kind to help humans reach their own goals, so he is considered an Angel in the game. Despite his looks that make him seem like a devilish creature as he is meant to be, he is unable to change his own looks, being that he possessed an old mask he found in a theater.

Uncolored Kheffi

Colored Kheffi

The green background is meant to be transparency within the game. Kheffi suffers from a coloring issue, in which some characters such as King Zodiac also suffer when recolored. In the game, there is a disorder called "Naministrotic Tinting Disorder", (naministrotic being a fake word in the game in the Khesicianic language that the Orcs speak in the game which means "unstable".), in which some colors in his colored picture begin to take over the black lines. This is horrible for people who suffer the Naministrotic Tinting Disorder, because it'd be more painful when moving around. 

@(PS4)WINDMILEYNO, in response, yes. There is a mountain in the game called Mt. Dew which erupts every 48 hours (2 days). Most gamers in close-by neighbor regions of Almond Island moved to the area where Mt. Dew erupts it's rivers of Mountain Dew, Carbonate City, to get the freshest of dew. A mission takes place there in which a hostage has been taken within the heart of the volcano by the Elven for information about the Orcs because a war has taken place between both factions in the east of Almond Island, and you have to rescue the hostage. A mission soon or later late within the game takes place which is another rescue mission Crossfire styled, while the Elven and the Orcs are still fighting.

@Ibro156 Thank you for the support, I appreciate it~!