Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime or not to prime!

(PSN)chase0536

Question

Hey guys! I just naught Saryn,I love using her,along with others,but there's something about watching your enemies writhe in agony as they dissolve from poisonous attacks! I've been on the hunt for a Saryn Prime,all I have so far is the bp's,I know her power I believe is 175,the norm is 150 I think! Now I know ya can't just go buy her,wich sux!! But do ANYONE know where the hell to farm her prime parts? But...if you think it's not worth the effort..than I'll deal with the six I have acquired and mush on!

I guess what I'm asking the more experienced players is..is it worth hunting for Primes...or just deal and have a blast with what I've got,wich I love them all! I mean...I don't even know where to farm,or pickup prime sentinels,thank you for the help with my confusing question! All I know is I was stuck with the same frame for over a yr before I farmed for others and started to buy them,I only knew a small portion of what I know now!   

15 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PS4)chase0536 said:

Hey guys! I just naught Saryn,I love using her,along with others,but there's something about watching your enemies writhe in agony as they dissolve from poisonous attacks! I've been on the hunt for a Saryn Prime,all I have so far is the bp's,I know her power I believe is 175,the norm is 150 I think! Now I know ya can't just go buy her,wich sux!! But do ANYONE know where the hell to farm her prime parts? But...if you think it's not worth the effort..than I'll deal with the six I have acquired and mush on!

I guess what I'm asking the more experienced players is..is it worth hunting for Primes...or just deal and have a blast with what I've got,wich I love them all! I mean...I don't even know where to farm,or pickup prime sentinels,thank you for the help with my confusing question! All I know is I was stuck with the same frame for over a yr before I farmed for others and started to buy them,I only knew a small portion of what I know now!   

Go to the wiki! :D Her prime power is 200 at level 0.

Just now, ShadowmistProject said:
Blueprint Tower III Exterminate
Tower IV Exterminate
Helmet Tower I Mobile Defense
Chassis Tower III Survival C
Systems Tower II Exterminate

Thanks a shi@ton bud! I never really thaught of the void... I'll give it all I've got! Now I REALLY want her!

Hello, well that's just my opinion but I would say, no prime. The time spent farming or the amount of plat isn't justified, imo, even with the slight increase in stats. I own Rhino and Nyx prime because I had interest in those frames and I wanted the better version of them ; had a hard time grinding for them, I would never do that again.

4 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

Hello, well that's just my opinion but I would say, no prime. The time spent farming or the amount of plat isn't justified, imo, even with the slight increase in stats. I own Rhino and Nyx prime because I had interest in those frames and I wanted the better version of them ; had a hard time grinding for them, I would never do that again.

Part of the fun right, grinding till you get something awesome. I myself have almost every prime frame to date, except saryn and vaubie.. never really had trouble farming TBH

15 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

You really need to play more if you don't see the advantages of having prime frames. Also if you ask in recruiting or on the forums to squad up people are happy to help lower level players farm Void missions for Prime parts. They are definitely worth farming.

Edited by Orbixal

primes aren't about the stats, but the looks (mostly)

since you know, endgame = fashionframe, you can never go wrong with primes! also, if you like her so much, i think it is worth to get the prime, just for showing your dedication towards saryn, if nothing else.

and 6k mastery points.

if you are into minmaxing, the extra 1 mod slot wort passive (built-in flow) and the energy from void orbs aren't worth the fight against RNG imo.

dunno about you, and if your "normal" saryn is maxed or not, but i wouldn't throw a potato and 6+ forma into a frame that has already a prime version, but reading your post suggests that you have maxed the "normal". if that's the case, one less reason to get the prime.

2 hours ago, Orbixal said:

You really need to play more if you don't see the advantages of having prime frames. Also if you ask in recruiting or on the forums to squad up people are happy to help lower level players farm Void missions for Prime parts. They are definitely worth farming.

I have been playing for over a year, thank you very much, I am entitled to my own view on the thing ;) OP asked for answers, I gave him one. I don't consider a bit more armor, shields or health worth the trouble. Prime is mostly about bragging off and about look, and apart from Rhino and perhaps Trinity, none really excite my eye. There are exceptions of course, which is, the few frames who boast a much greater energy pool than their normal counterparts.

Also, on a side note, I've read tons and tons of posts about how grinding in this game was awful yada yada and here come two people who claim it's super easy and fun, it's amusing :)

17 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

I have been playing for over a year, thank you very much, I am entitled to my own view on the thing ;) OP asked for answers, I gave him one. I don't consider a bit more armor, shields or health worth the trouble. Prime is mostly about bragging off and about look, and apart from Rhino and perhaps Trinity, none really excite my eye. There are exceptions of course, which is, the few frames who boast a much greater energy pool than their normal counterparts.

Also, on a side note, I've read tons and tons of posts about how grinding in this game was awful yada yada and here come two people who claim it's super easy and fun, it's amusing :)

Well i was just saying from the 3 years i have been playing Prime parts are pretty damn easy to farm with a team. But i guess its your personal point of view. I was just saying from my point of view and many others in the community feel this way is all.

1 minute ago, Orbixal said:

Well i was just saying from the 3 years i have been playing Prime parts are pretty damn easy to farm with a team. But i guess its your personal point of view. I was just saying from my point of view and many others in the community feel this way is all.

I'd say they are pretty enjoyable  with a good team. I have rather good memories of farming for Ivara, and it made me better at Spy. RNG on the other hand is still RNG, wether you are alone or not. If the part doesn't want to drop, it won't drop. Though there are ways to trick it, as it seems.

Just now, Enno69 said:

I'd say they are pretty enjoyable  with a good team. I have rather good memories of farming for Ivara, and it made me better at Spy. RNG on the other hand is still RNG, wether you are alone or not. If the part doesn't want to drop, it won't drop. Though there are ways to trick it, as it seems.

Best way i find is if you need a specific part play with friends for 3-4 void runs then 1 or 2 missions of something else helps and breaks up the Monotony.

4 minutes ago, Orbixal said:

Best way i find is if you need a specific part play with friends for 3-4 void runs then 1 or 2 missions of something else helps and breaks up the Monotony.

Totally. Also, don't bring the meta. Spamming powers non-stop within the same strategy over and over again might be the fastest way, but it isn't fun. One person in a post on this forum suggested using the randomizer before running the mission, he/she said he/she and his/her teammates had a lot of fun this way.

Prime warframes are mostly about the looks.

However, in the particular case of SarynP, the prime version IS significantly better than the basic Saryn due to the increase in base energy and the fact she is now pretty much a power spamming 'frame. One could make similar, if less dramatic, arguments for Loki and Volt.

Of course, aesthetics play a huge role in the game and you can't see something like Trinity Prime and not want one of your own.

Weapons are a different story and prime weapons are superior to their most pedestrian counterparts and should be striven for.

On June 17, 2559 BE at 6:09 AM, Redslayer230 said:

Part of the fun right, grinding till you get something awesome. I myself have almost every prime frame to date, except saryn and vaubie.. never really had trouble farming TBH

Yeah,your not kidding! Lots of work lol! I just got done farming for volt prime,wasn't too bad. I think it took me a week,about 2-5hrs a go. Just started building him,and just bought Nezha,so far I love 'em! See ya later bud!