The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harmony - Skill-Based Rewards For High Level Frames

notionphil

• 1 month later...

I agree with pretty much everything in the OP, it feels kinda frustrating not wanting to use any of my awesome lvl30 weapons because there's no point if I have a not-as-good lvl28 weapon that I feel obliged to finish off because the other ones would just be wasted affinity that won't do anything.  And if I do run out of weapons to level up, then what?  Wait until your next Reinforcements patch for a weapon that might not be worth it?  Kick myself for not buying Founders or for not attending some event and failing to get some unique weapons?

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

This is a great set of ideas, and I approve of all it but I would add one thing:

The extra mods available only to Harmonized players should all interact with Harmony, and be not wildly powerful - it would be fine if they were "double mods", for example, a mod that was basically akin to, say Serration*, but also added some sort of Harmonized effect, like that for every level of Harmony you had, you got X% extra chance of status effects or the like.

This would be very positive for two reasons, I feel

1) It would prevent DE from accidentally putting any "vital" mods into the "special Harmonized drop only" mod category (which I think is a big risk otherwise given previous mod drop choices).

2) It would compound the value of Harmony and make it more interesting.

Alternatively to double-mods, you could have mods that were weaker without Harmony, but slightly stronger with Harmony. For example, with the Serration equivalent, Serration maxes out at 165% (iirc), maybe the Harmony-based equivalent maxes out at 150% base value BUT for every level of Harmony you have, you get 15% extra - so even Harmony 1 makes it equal, but Harmony 2 and 3 make it slightly better.

* = Just an example please no arguments about how hard Serration is to level - any commonly-used mod could be an example!

Edited by Eurhetemec

• 1 month later...

The extra mods available only to Harmonized players should all interact with Harmony, and be not wildly powerful - it would be fine if they were "double mods", for example, a mod that was basically akin to, say Serration*, but also added some sort of Harmonized effect, like that for every level of Harmony you had, you got X% extra chance of status effects or the like.

That is brilliant. +1 to you!

Looking back over this post - it is even more relevant today than when I wrote the OP months ago. Editing the OP a bit.

• 3 months later...

One Last Thing - Total Harmony Earned

At the end of the mission, your Affinity earned is applied to your XP and Harmony. But one more thing happens. Your total Harmony ever earned is tracked. When it gets to certain, very high levels, it unlocks unique visual tweaks which you can use across your account like:

-change colors of your powers

-choose glowing colors for your frame

-select from textures in addition to colors

-ideas?

Can you elaborate on that a bit?

Don't we have energy color in our appearance tab? Textures on what?

Also i don't really like the idea of the Spy and Tactical bonuses since they would either be spammed because it gives a lot of affinity, or it won't be used at all because it give very little aff.

Other than that i really like your idea

Can you elaborate on that a bit?

Don't we have energy color in our appearance tab? Textures on what?

Also i don't really like the idea of the Spy and Tactical bonuses since they would either be spammed because it gives a lot of affinity, or it won't be used at all because it give very little aff.

Other than that i really like your idea

I came up with this idea prior to energy color being changable. Also prior to much of today's prior creep. With Focus coming, I will probably do a re-write to bring it up to date.

Yet another ancient recollection of notionphil ideas lost through time...

I myself once thought of an idea of rewarding players who pull off triple headshots with a Latron while wallrunning rather than pressing 4.

We must keep this thread alive!

Yet another ancient recollection of notionphil ideas lost through time...

I myself once thought of an idea of rewarding players who pull off triple headshots with a Latron while wallrunning rather than pressing 4.

We must keep this thread alive!

I am going to reconceptualize Harmony as Focus, adding skill based bonuses and active/passive combat rewards. I'm just not sure how yet! Thanks for the vote of support!

• 1 month later...

I am going to reconceptualize Harmony as Focus, adding skill based bonuses and active/passive combat rewards. I'm just not sure how yet! Thanks for the vote of support!

Hmm I never did that.

Anyone have thoughts on making Focus system reward playing with skill?

I think the first issue with that is which reward do we want to give the players. More stats? Currency? Affinity?

My first thought would be something along the lines of 'with [insert name here] lens, you see enemies through walls. Getting kills through walls will increase sight range. Projectile kills through walls double the bonus.' Maybe not that exactly but something, you know?

I think the first issue with that is which reward do we want to give the players. More stats? Currency? Affinity?

My first thought would be something along the lines of 'with [insert name here] lens, you see enemies through walls. Getting kills through walls will increase sight range. Projectile kills through walls double the bonus.' Maybe not that exactly but something, you know?

Yes, that's a very interesting concept. You equip a foci which allows you to 'modify' your playstyle, and then you gain bonus affinity (and maybe some other small RNG perk) for using that benefit to your advantage.

Yes, that's a very interesting concept. You equip a foci which allows you to 'modify' your playstyle, and then you gain bonus affinity (and maybe some other small RNG perk) for using that benefit to your advantage.

What RNG perks do you think would be good? My ideas all revolve around getting a 'ninth' mod in your weapon, that isn't constrained by whatever mods you already have. So you can have  Serration, Heavy Caliber, and then a second Serration as your 'ninth' perk.

• 2 months later...

You will never convince DE to introduce a system that will allow players to get XP faster or craft faster, or rank faster, and neither should they, because players will simply find a way to farm the content.

Rewards should be things that stay mostly unexpected. You tie too many of them to a mechanic, people will farm it. EvE Online had a system of rewards tied to Faction Warfare. A few people apparently sat down and within two days they broke it, and made tens of billions in ISK, which was confiscated and even accounts banned over it. Nothing on the same scale will happen here, but you still can NOT tell De to "up rewards" just because YOU think a new system you thought up is justified.

Interesting idea here, but will never happen.

Edited by DSpite

So overall grind to make grind easier and grind to keep easier grind up.

Im not a fan of it but hell if there are ppl who like it i can accept that.

Slightly similiar mechanic was introduced in wow, when you reached weekly cap on valor points on 1 of your characters, each one of them got 50% extra.

Personally i would rather prefer paragon lvls from d3 attached to your frame.

Edited by Davoodoo

You will never convince DE to introduce a system that will allow players to get XP faster or craft faster, or rank faster, and neither should they, because players will simply find a way to farm the content.

Rewards should be things that stay mostly unexpected. You tie too many of them to a mechanic, people will farm it. EvE Online had a system of rewards tied to Faction Warfare. A few people apparently sat down and within two days they broke it, and made tens of billions in ISK, which was confiscated and even accounts banned over it. Nothing on the same scale will happen here, but you still can NOT tell De to "up rewards" just because YOU think a new system you thought up is justified.

Interesting idea here, but will never happen.

I don't think you understand the concept of feedback and ideas. I'm not telling DE what to do, I'm making a suggestion. I can suggest whatever I want, and if I provide reasonable enough justification for it they may consider it.

Note that DE has already introduced a mechanism to increase Xp gains and drop rates. It's called dark sectors.

The core of this idea isn't about buffed drop rates anyway, it's about rewarding skill based play and removing the "wasted experience" when using a maxed weapon. This concept predates Focus by about 8mos, which will probably serve a similar goal as my intent.