Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame - Advice Please

(PSN)F1REBLADE-69

Question

Hello,

In around 5 hours or so my new Valkyr Frame will finally be ready. In order to break it in gently I will visit a lovely Grineer resort and play around.

'Would anyone have any advice for me about using abilities and/or shield damage/ health that would help me in the beginning.'

I want to get better at Warframe and improve use of mods and do so with more of a strategic mindset per mission/race. I figured now is a good time to start with Valkyr.

As a quick aside....is it worth getting into Archwing at the minute? I have Odonata but beyond that basic apart from a few bluprints in the bag.

Thanks for reading and replying (if you decide to).

Edited by (PS4)F1REBLADE-69

10 answers to this question

Hello. First thing you need to know about making Valkyr awesome even though she already is. First off you put on Vitality, Redirection, and Steel Fiber for survivability. You can also put Armored Agility on her for maximum Armor, but it's a slighty Rare Nightmare mod to get your hands on. Second, put Continuity, Intensify, Streamline, Flow, and Rage. It's a simple mod build but it helps you survive longer and keeps her powers useful. Third, Valkyr's Ultimate Hysteria uses the Strength to do alot of damage, so you have to put on a strong melee weapon and mod it to be as strong a possible. I personally put the Dragon Nikana on my Valkyr since it's currently my strongest melle until I can get my hands on the Nikana Prime. You can put on a High Impact Secondary on for the enemies Shields and a High Puncture primary for the Enemies Armor, since Hysteria and Ripline can practically rip them in half. 

My build: Vitallity, intensify, prime continuity(or normal), steel fiber, streamline, prime flow(or normal) The others are optional. These are the base imo

How you could play: Kil everything with melee with help from your 2nd ability and then 4 if you are dying. I would not recommend staying in your 4th ability, because there was a recent nerf, making the stay time in hysteria low(  taking energy)

22 hours ago, (PS4)Lunarahaze said:

Hello. First thing you need to know about making Valkyr awesome even though she already is. First off you put on Vitality, Redirection, and Steel Fiber for survivability. You can also put Armored Agility on her for maximum Armor, but it's a slighty Rare Nightmare mod to get your hands on. Second, put Continuity, Intensify, Streamline, Flow, and Rage. It's a simple mod build but it helps you survive longer and keeps her powers useful. Third, Valkyr's Ultimate Hysteria uses the Strength to do alot of damage, so you have to put on a strong melee weapon and mod it to be as strong a possible. I personally put the Dragon Nikana on my Valkyr since it's currently my strongest melle until I can get my hands on the Nikana Prime. You can put on a High Impact Secondary on for the enemies Shields and a High Puncture primary for the Enemies Armor, since Hysteria and Ripline can practically rip them in half. 

Thanks to you both. Really good to get feedback because the low shield value is a killer. I wonder what DE had in mind for Valkyr when they created her with the low shield/health?

On 17.6.2016 at 5:35 PM, (PS4)F1REBLADE-69 said:

I want to get better at Warframe and improve use of mods and do so with more of a strategic mindset per mission/race.

This might have some suggestions:

20 hours ago, Pansai said:

This might have some suggestions:

That is very much appreciated. I will  definitely read today. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

Get into Archwing asap or end up like me with one incomplete mission per planet.

Makes sense. I want Rathbone Hammer and the upgraded gun which I can't remember the name of (orig. came with Odonata).

22 hours ago, (PS4)F1REBLADE-69 said:

Thanks to you both. Really good to get feedback because the low shield value is a killer. I wonder what DE had in mind for Valkyr when they created her with the low shield/health?

Shields are almost redundant, she does have high armor as well for mitigation. She is immune to damage in her 4 AND she has lifesteal. If you get hit hard, hit 4, slide attack some enemies and *BAM* full health again. Find a corner, rip line out of line of sight, or just massacre enemies in the area and shut it off.

With that in mind, Rage (to get energy for damage), Steel fiber (increase armor to reduce damage), Vitality (to give you best chances to avoid a one hit kill). This lets you "cycle" your 4 when you need it, like a true Berserker. Take damage, get energy, Hysteria, melee down enemies with your obscene claw damage to get back to full life and end it when you are safe. Rinse, repeat as needed.

Edited by (XB1)Skylancer4