Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about shadow stalker and war

Ioeper32

Question

Am trying to get war, still do not have it. I got a few questions about this.

From Wiki:

He (shadow stalker) can only be fought if the Tenno has confronted him on The Second Dream, if the Tenno in question has not, they will be confronted with the pre-Second Dream Stalker instead.

I have done the second dream but I do not recall if I had killed him, I vaguely remember fighting him that's it. Does that mean all I need is to get marked by stalker and I will have a chance to spawn the shadow stalker? 

How do I confirmed if I had confronted him during the second dream? If I did not and since I had already completed the second dream, won't I be stuck in a loop? Because I can't go back to encountering him in the second dream since you can't replay that (if you had completed it), and I can't meet him unless I encountered him during the second dream?

6 answers to this question

Might wanna add a spoiler tag or something.

The second dream is linear; if you have completed it, you have confronted the stalker. His spawning mechanics as Shadow Stalker remain the same, only he and his drops change

8 minutes ago, Ioeper32 said:

Does that mean all I need is to get marked by stalker and I will have a chance to spawn the shadow stalker? 

Yes, essentially doing the quest changes what kind of Stalker will appear to you, but the mechanics for encountering him don't change

Edited by Drufo

Once you completed the second dream the shadow stalker will replace the stalker from before. He then has a chance to drop war/broken war blueprints.

You might not want to craft war out of the broken war you got from the quest, because you would lose the catalyst in your broken war.

1 hour ago, Cydro_ said:

Might wanna add a spoiler tag or something.

The second dream is linear; if you have completed it, you have confronted the stalker. His spawning mechanics as Shadow Stalker remain the same, only he and his drops change

Thanks this answers my question! 

20 minutes ago, Ioeper32 said:

I have a new question. If I am in a group of 3 other players who haven't done the second dream, but who are marked by the stalker like myself, will they affect the type of stalker who spawns?

IIRC the type of stalker that spawns depends on which player's mark is being used; if one of the other players is being hunted, it will be Stalker, but if it's you who's being hunted, it will be Shadow Stalker