The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Kind Of Parry [Rework] (Example Video Included)

Xenable

• When blocking/parrying a circle show up and when the enemy stands within the circle range the attack will be blocked if he is outside the circle, nothing will be blocked. Every hit will reduce the size of the circle by 5% (to a cap of 75%), the circle will regenerate on its own.

• Sword and shield type of weapons reduce only 3% instead of 5% circle size (shields are capped by 55%).

• While moving the circle will decrease his full size the faster you get the greater it decrease.

• A blocked knock down (like the heavy gunner slam) reduces the size to his full cap instantly.

• While channeling, damage will be reflected this drains 3 or 5 energy (sword and shield weapons drain 3 and normal weapons drain 5 energy) and the size of the circle is not concerned.

• If you auto block an attack damage will just be reduced, not fully blocked (...reflex guard mod, excaliburs ult).

• If you parry with excaliburs exalted blade the circle will not decrease in size...because excalibur is a swordsman

This parry system would emphasize defensive elements. It would be balanced, because all damage from a single group can be blocked easily, but if you are facing a big group of enemys you are rely on the circle size. I think its not broken/op because you got to aim with your block and it rewards players who are using it often.

Spoiler

ybryfg1.jpg

7CkNg3W.jpg

You can see the difference between sword and shield weapons and normal melee weapons

Thank you for reading my concept, tell me if you agree/disagree

Thanks for supporting me on this concept to
JackGuny
Andre3105

Edited by Xenable

Really nice concept, I like it.

1 minute ago, tripletriple said:

Only problem I have with it is that the circle would get very distracting and ugly to see and might get in the way. 

I think DE could work around with that

Awesome. What I can't wait for is when I can seamlessly transition from a parry into an attack, since parrying a weapon redirects it, and blocking well... Blocks it. Parries and grapples open up lots of options, and I would love to see more of that in warframe.