Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you build a better Gammacor?

DEATHLOK

Question

A very generic Gammacor build.

This is fine against low-level enemies. Once enemies are near and above level 50, this doesn't seem to impress anyone.

I'm building this with the mods I have, just trying to get the numbers as high as possible. Aside from the aforementioned weakness against higher level enemies, the gun goes through ammo crazy fast. I'm wondering if there isn't something I can swap Gunslinger with that will also raise the DPS. I tried Pistol Pestilence; a magazine lasts a little longer, but you notice it's not as immediately fatal to enemies in their late 30's.

I'm asking because everyone is focused on the Synoid Gammacor, which i don't have just yet. I'll get it, but I still want to make this as powerful as possible.

Maybe I have to narrow the elemental damage and focus on specific enemies? Or there's some really fantastic rare mods I haven't found yet?

Then again, I'm wondering how much those elemental mods really do. With the status being so low, are that many elementals a waste of space that could be used for something better? When critical and status percentages are low like this, should you focus on something else?

Thanks for your help.

4 answers to this question

There's a reason it doesn't impress anybody when you hit level 50: The regular Gammacor is an overall bad weapon for late-game usage. 

So no, you can't really build a much better Gammacor unless it's the Synoid version. Until then, this is as powerful as the regular Gammacor gets, and I'm afraid you may have wasted five Forma.

I recommend getting the Hikou Prime to tide you over until you can get the Synoid Gammacor. They're quite different mechanically but share several things, and I can confirm I've used them against level 90+ enemies and still did significant damage without any Forma. In addition they're good for stripping armor with Corrosive.

EDIT: Also, NEVER drop elementals except in certain situations. They're there for percentage based damage boosts, for example Corrosive gains a 75% damage bonus against the armor that Heavy Gunners wear, but Radiation gets a 75% bonus against the armor that Bombards wear. Status chance doesn't affect the raw damage you gain, although on high-status-high-firerate weapons, Corrosive is usually what you'll rock so you can strip armor.

Edited by AgentEntropy

Disclaimer: I don't use gammacor, but I used Spectra a lot, which is similar.

With not enough status or crit to be noticeable, go for high damage and aim at weakspots. Not a problem since gammacor is pinpoint accurate, right?

Punch-through raises your DPS a ton, by like 2 to 3 times, or however many enemies you're hitting at once. Adjust your playstyle and maybe it'll be worth dropping Gunslinger for Seeker.

I've never felt I needed Gunslinger on my Spectra, but i'll try it out now to see if it makes a noticeable difference somehow.

In theory, it's a good idea to build for the faction you're fighting, though I go in with the same builds on my Dera/Furax/Cestras against everything and I do fine, and they aren't considered Top Ramen weapons. Also, I keep reading that the Prime Bane mods are better than stacking Elemental, so maybe look into that.

Edited by MechaTails

27 minutes ago, MechaTails said:

Disclaimer: I don't use gammacor, but I used Spectra a lot, which is similar.

With not enough status or crit to be noticeable, go for high damage and aim at weakspots. Not a problem since gammacor is pinpoint accurate, right?

Punch-through raises your DPS a ton, by like 2 to 3 times, or however many enemies you're hitting at once. Adjust your playstyle and maybe it'll be worth dropping Gunslinger for Seeker.

I've never felt I needed Gunslinger on my Spectra, but i'll try it out now to see if it makes a noticeable difference somehow.

In theory, it's a good idea to build for the faction you're fighting, though I go in with the same builds on my Dera/Furax/Cestras against everything and I do fine, and they aren't considered Top Ramen weapons. Also, I keep reading that the Prime Bane mods are better than stacking Elemental, so maybe look into that.

You are correct about the Primed Bane mods being incredibly powerful, as they add effectively another Serration mod, increasing both your base damage and elemental damage against their specific faction. However, they are only available in one flavor right now: Rifle. We currently only have regular Bane mods for Melee, Secondary, and Shotgun categories.