Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doors Are The Most Feared Enemy In The Game

muccmaster

I bet probably half the deaths in this game come from people getting knocked into oblivion from doors closing on them. Just about every Kappa I do this happens to at least one person, it's ridiculous. Why is this taking so long to fix? The biggest joke is this is a "beta" and there isn't even an unstick button/command! An unstick command would make the game so much less frustrating since every time you got bugged in a skill or knocked out of a map you could just use the unstick and happily be on your way. So seriously, why the hell is there still no unstick command in the game? 

This literally just happened to me. I kind of want DE to chill with the new features and focus on fixing existing bugs. I know this is open beta, but if PS4's launch is also Warframe's official launch, this doesn't instill much confidence in me.

They said they have mixed feelings about an unstuck button, they'd rather fix the bugs than give users a debug tool.
"Fixing" the doors might not be as easy as you or I might think. It only happened to me once in my over 250 hours of warframe, it's more of a lag issue, I've long learned that doors don't react immediately to me when I'm not the host and adapted to it.

I bet probably half the deaths in this game come from people getting knocked into oblivion from doors closing on them. Just about every Kappa I do this happens to at least one person, it's ridiculous. Why is this taking so long to fix? The biggest joke is this is a "beta" and there isn't even an unstick button/command! An unstick command would make the game so much less frustrating since every time you got bugged in a skill or knocked out of a map you could just use the unstick and happily be on your way. So seriously, why the hell is there still no unstick command in the game? 

Because nobody would care to report the bug then.

At least that's what Scott said in the last livestream.

They have stated why in the livestreams. They want people to report these bugs instead of just unsticking themselves and moving on without reporting them. I guess they feel that if players are annoyed by the bugs they are more likely to report them.

They said they have mixed feelings about an unstuck button, they'd rather fix the bugs than give users a debug tool.

"Fixing" the doors might not be as easy as you or I might think. It only happened to me once in my over 250 hours of warframe, it's more of a lag issue, I've long learned that doors don't react immediately to me when I'm not the host and adapted to it.

It has nothing to do with lag, I've been knocked underneath in games with no lag at all. The excuse of people not reporting bugs is just plain stupid. If anything happens to someone enough it will bother them and they will report it regardless if they can unstick. There are TONS of games with unstick commands and people still report bugs fine. I call laziness on DE's part.

Edited by muccmaster

All they need to do is have the unstick button take a screen shot and have a little dialogue box come up asking you to describe what the reason is for you having to use the unstick command. Boom "people won't report bugs" problem fixed.

The argument that, if there is an unstuck button, people won't report bugs is quite simplistic. An unstuck command can send information on the back end to developers -- its used very commonly.

Both people get what they want: the devs find the bugs, and players can .... well, play.

The argument that, if there is an unstuck button, people won't report bugs is quite simplistic. An unstuck command can send information on the back end to developers -- its used very commonly.

Both people get what they want: the devs find the bugs, and players can .... well, play.

This so much. I've never reported a bug because it's a pain in the rear to do so. If there was an in-game tool then DE would catch many more bugs much faster.