Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We *please* Get A Better Reticle?

Qeveren

Please?  I don't really have much fun not being able to see where I'm shooting when things get hectic.  The current reticle is annoyingly unobvious in combat and also looks like literally every other hud indicator in the game. XD (yes, it's embarrassing but I end up trying to 'aim' with the waypoint markers)

Please?  A reticle picker and maybe some colouring and opacity options?  Pretty please?  With a forma on top? :)

Edited by Qeveren

Reticule was already fixed for visibility, I think it's amazing now, personally!

But customization should be possible, at least color-changing!

Seriously?  I can't see any difference in it from like, two months ago.  It basically vanishes in the furballs to my eyes. XD

Been saying this forever, all they have done is center it, but they did not fix the visibility of it at all, you still lose it in the snow.

This is why most games tend to use a blue for the HUD. If it's the correct shade it should stand out in most circumstances. Of course being able to choose the color would be better for most people I think.

Please?  I don't really have much fun not being able to see where I'm shooting when things get hectic.  The current reticle is annoyingly unobvious in combat and also looks like literally every other hud indicator in the game. XD (yes, it's embarrassing but I end up trying to 'aim' with the waypoint markers)

Please?  A reticle picker and maybe some colouring and opacity options?  Pretty please?  With a forma on top? :)

8ae.gif

Seriously?  I can't see any difference in it from like, two months ago.  It basically vanishes in the furballs to my eyes. XD

It used to be plain white and a bit washed out, even offcenter at times.

Now it's crisp and has a black outline (which is a great way to make a crosshair as it's visible against both in dark and light backgrounds) and seems dead-on.

What kind of crosshairs would you prefer? Can you give any examples (pictures)?

Edited by Sherbniz

its one of the worst visual letdowns of the interface, in a crowded furball of combat very often I loose the xhairs, red would be the perfect colour for me, but ideally the ability to change its colour with an RGB slider would be best for colour blind people and everyone

Now it's crisp and has a black outline (which is a great way to make a crosshair as it's visible against both in dark and light backgrounds) and seems dead-on.

I'm not really a UI designer, but some more options as to its design would be nice.  Being able to control the opacity and colour myself would help a great deal, IMO.

A design that isn't the same scale and shape as every other UI indicator would be good, too. :)

I would like to see a close comparison between the old reticule and the new one. I can't tell a difference at all and the "new" one is still terrible. This is such a stupidly easy thing to put in the game, I don't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet considering everyone basically agrees the reticule is almost invisible.

I don't seem, to have this issue, maybe I'm just better at focusing on a point. I run on extremely high settings, up to the point where the glow on my screen almost gets to be to much to bar vs infested but other than that its ok.... Then again I run a 32 inch 1080p led tv for a monitor so I guess my viewpoint is much larger.

In other words larger monitor would be a great investment anyway, if you really want to see some amazing things in your game.

Edited by Alphascrub

Solid red, a big upside-down V with a pip or three for judging distance, and a tiny dot at the tip of the V just large enough to cover a Grineer's face at Lex sniping range.

I'd like some sort of "dynamic" crosshairs. Something like the ones in Dead Space. The reticle in Warframe is pretty useless in close combat or when trying to hit a flying target, it's like it doesn't compensate for distance from the barrel of your gun to the target (I don't know how to explain it... basically: on certain circumstances you miss when the dot is right on your target).

I'd rather have a precise and reliable marker of where I am actually pointing at than a centered PNG that I have to work around sometimes.

I'd like some sort of "dynamic" crosshairs. Something like the ones in Dead Space. The reticle in Warframe is pretty useless in close combat or when trying to hit a flying target, it's like it doesn't compensate for distance from the barrel of your gun to the target (I don't know how to explain it... basically: on certain circumstances you miss when the dot is right on your target).

I'd rather have a precise and reliable marker of where I am actually pointing at than a centered PNG that I have to work around sometimes.

C&C: Renegade basically did this. There was an outer circle and an inner dot in the reticule, the outer circle corresponding to where you're pointing your weapon, and the inner dot showing where the bullet (or other projectile) would actually hit. Something like that, if not exactly that, would work wonders for aiming in Warframe.

C&C: Renegade basically did this. There was an outer circle and an inner dot in the reticule, the outer circle corresponding to where you're pointing your weapon, and the inner dot showing where the bullet (or other projectile) would actually hit. Something like that, if not exactly that, would work wonders for aiming in Warframe.

Yes, exactly that. I had forgotten about that fun but underrated game :P