Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dafuq Are Artifacts Doing In Login Reward?

DeadlyNerd

Just saw a weird box thing appear in the login reward cycle and wondered what it was until I actually got it.

What the hell are artifacts doing in the login reward? We're getting more than enough of them through alerts, why are they clogging up the login rewards?

Perhaps DE should replace the entire login reward with a 1-10000 dice roll to score free platinum as to appease everyone since it seems that if they provide free gifts people complain and when they don't people complain.

At second thought, there will then be complaints that the (freely granted) reward is too rare.

Despite there being sufficient population that at every day the platinum gift will be dispensed to, at least, one person (and likely to more than one).

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Perhaps DE should replace the entire login reward with a 1-10000 dice roll to score free platinum as to appease everyone since it seems that if they provide free gifts people complain and when they don't people complain.

At second thought, there will then be complaints that the (freely granted) reward is too rare.

Despite there being sufficient population that at every day the platinum gift will be dispensed to, at least, one person (and likely to more than one).

Best Regards,

So you'd be content with Hellifire as a login reward? Because that's pretty much the same as having artifacts as rewards.

So you'd be content with Hellifire as a login reward? Because that's pretty much the same as having artifacts as rewards.

Most definitely. Hellfire is highly useful. I would then be able to max fire damage for all my weapons and, in addition, use it to fuel fusing of any "-" polarity mod (such as Flow), many of which exist and many of which are useful and hard to upgrade to full.

Best Regards,

Most definitely. Hellfire is highly useful. I would then be able to max fire damage for all my weapons and, in addition, use it to fuel fusing of any "-" polarity mod (such as Flow), many of which exist and many of which are useful and hard to upgrade to full.

Best Regards,

So you're telling me that during the Hellfire's reign over defense rewards you haven't been able to max out your Hellfire mod?

Say no more, you've just single-handedly disqualified your comments on mod acquisition, current and future.

J3s95gf.jpg

Not everyone

So you're telling me that during the Hellfire's reign over defense rewards you haven't been able to max out your Hellfire mod?

#1 That is an argumentum ad hominem fallacy.

#2 You assume that everyone do nothing but camp defence missions all day long.

#3 I do have one hellfire mod maxed and several more at rank 4/5.

#4 Your entire thread is a subjective "je veux" without merit.

Best Regards,

#4 Your entire thread is a subjective "je veux" without merit.

So, everyone that has so far complained about the amount of artifacts in alert missions as opposed to BPs and potatoes is wrong in your view(subjectively)?

Hypocrisy couldn't be any clearer in you. Right then, now you've just single-handedly disqualified your opinions in general since you'll always bend rules to justify your actions.

1 point for using french.

By the by, if you really want to keep on trying to troll, try to not justify your actions by anecdotes. Makes you look desperate.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Link please? :O

Unfortunately I do not have links at hand, nor do I believe any are available.

It was stated by Scott and Steve during one of the previous live-streams.

So, everyone that has so far complained about the amount of artifacts in alert missions as opposed to BPs and potatoes is wrong in your view(subjectively)?

Your argument is a non sequitur. There is no relevance to be drawn between your personal disdain of the fact that artifacts appear in the daily login rewards at all and the complaints over the ratio of orokin superchargers in alert rewards.

Hypocrisy couldn't be any clearer in you. Right then, now you've just single-handedly disqualified your opinions in general since you'll always bend rules to justify your actions.

I have neither taken any action in the context of this discussion nor have any of my actions in Warframe been called to inquiry. This is invoking an argumentum ad hominem and a red herring fallacy.

By the by, if you really want to keep on trying to troll, try to not justify your actions by anecdotes. Makes you look desperate.

There were no anecdotes used in my arguments. My own stated personal experience was in direct response to your query and false claims in regards to my own subjective accomplishments and preferences and thus was provided as such.

All in all this is quite the paralogism.

Best Regards,

Your argument is a non sequitur. There is no relevance to be drawn between your personal disdain of the fact that artifacts appear in the daily login rewards at all and the complaints over the ratio of orokin superchargers in alert rewards.

I have neither taken any action in the context of this discussion nor have any of my actions in Warframe been called to inquiry. This is invoking an argumentum ad hominem and a red herring fallacy.

There were no anecdotes used in my arguments. My own stated personal experience was in direct response to your query and false claims in regards to my own subjective accomplishments and preferences and thus was provided as such.

Oh but my argument is very "sequitur". You're making arguments against my point of view telling me how I'm wrong specifically because your point of view is different. That's being subjective. There's a distinct difference between telling someone you don't agree with their point of view and attempting to make them accept your point of view.

You've made this argument "ad hominem" the moment you perceived in telling me my view is false due to your "experiences".

I'd tell you "Yes my dear disciple, welcome to the side of hypocrisy", but I'm not on that side. Perhaps monologue will be required on your part.

Let's quote wikipedia : 

An anecdote is a short and amusing or interesting account, which may depict a real incident or person.

I may have been a bit wrong to use that term, but in your reckless attempt at conversing like a gentleman, you actually overlooked the "real incident"  and are in fact admitting that your tales of heroism, as in maxed hellfire, are actually false and made up.

Way to point the gun at your feet and pull the trigger.

Keep on swinging that claymore my dear white knight, or that club my dear troll. Neither of them have even come close so far.

I must thank you though, you've bumped my thread without me explicitly doing so.

Derailing aside, you've been a very good sport at keeping my thread on the front page. Here's a lolli.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Best Regards,

He does have a point. The fact that artifacts are effectively no reward at all for many is completely valid feedback.

I've never seen an artifact in the login rewards so far luckily, and as far as I know, they were not there before.

You're making arguments against my point of view telling me how I'm wrong specifically because your point of view is different.

Incorrect.

My initial post on the thread was a postulation harkening to the impossible scenario ("damned if you do - damned if you don't") in which the developer has been placed ever since open beta commenced (possibly before as well, however, I have no account of closed beta/alpha as to state so).

Our first contact begun as you questioned whether I would prefer a Hellfire mod and claimed to draw a parallel between it and artifacts.

I have responded to your query and refuted your claim, by providing evidence that the mod is much more useful than artifacts and thus is unequal.

You have yet to present a compelling rational as to why your point of view merits support.

Furthermore, the entire premise of the daily login reward is a boon that DE chose to impart upon the players despite there being no mandate to do so nor any business sense to do so.

If one was to login only for the daily reward and not play the game then there's no reason for it, if one was to login to play because they enjoy the game regardless, then the existence of the login reward is little in the way of incentive for them to play; either way examined, it is of negligent and inconsequential nature and thus could be removed or never introduced to begin with and none would be the wiser.

Therefore, your personal complaint against it not providing you with more useful, per your own needs and perception, free things is rather ungrateful and vain.

That's being subjective. There's a distinct difference between telling someone you don't agree with their point of view and attempting to make them accept your point of view.

I never attempted to make you accept my point of view. I do not have much of a point of view rather I examine what exists, what is requested, and the logic behind them.

I attempted to explain to you that yours is simply unsupported and voiced in an improper, selfish, manner without required justifications. Please attempt to be more constructive and impartial in your feedback.

You've made this argument "ad hominem" the moment you perceived in telling me my view is false due to your "experiences".

You are using the term wrongly. Perhaps you have misunderstood its meaning.

The intent is that once an argument is derided to assault its author personally, rather than critique and judge the argument itself upon its logic and/or flaws, it is as to obscure the lack of actual supporting facts or rational base for the argument.

Every time you attempt to engage in character assassination (such as via calling me a troll or any other disparaging and sarcastic term) you are invoking an argumentum ad hominem.

Furthermore, my experiences (with either the login reward or the alert system) were never presented or asked of. I do not know why you keep drawing upon this argument whereas it is completely unsubstantial.

I'd tell you "Yes my dear disciple, welcome to the side of hypocrisy", but I'm not on that side. Perhaps monologue will be required on your part.

Let's quote wikipedia : 

I may have been a bit wrong to use that term, but in your reckless attempt at conversing like a gentleman, you actually overlooked the "real incident"  and are in fact admitting that your tales of heroism, as in maxed hellfire, are actually false and made up.

Way to point the gun at your feet and pull the trigger.

Keep on swinging that claymore my dear white knight, or that club my dear troll. Neither of them have even come close so far.

I must thank you though, you've bumped my thread without me explicitly doing so.

Derailing aside, you've been a very good sport at keeping my thread on the front page. Here's a lolli.

Sidestepping Wikipedia (which per-se is a matter of contest) slightly altered quote of a dictionary definition of the word; in the context of reasonable arguments, the use of anecdote is frowned upon as an attempt to bring a singular instance, or personal account of events, as a logical ground to base upon an entire premise in sweeping generalization, since the majority of the laymen find it much more easier to relate and understand a tangible testimony of another human being than a more scientific approach of data collection, analysis and presentation (which by far supersedes the former in accuracy).

As far as your cynical undertone and name calling, I believe you know where you stand.

I have no tales of heroism nor was I under the impression that having a maxed hellfire is considered as such.

As previously stated, you've falsely claimed that I lied and do not have a maxed mod and I have refuted that.

Nor did I admit to presenting wrong information. I am infact in possession of a maxed hellfire mod.

Nor was there any "real incident" save your very first post, which as explained is a case of "je veux".

Once again, you are attempting to put a spin on things as to derail from the fact that you have no logical evidence to support your argument at all.

Your irrationality is condemning and counter productive to the entire process of feedback.

Thank you for the candy offer but I must refuse as I have already consumed the recommended daily dose of glucose.

He does have a point. The fact that artifacts are effectively no reward at all for many is completely valid feedback.

That would be rooted in an assumption that the login reward system is mandatory for DE to maintain, a must-have for the players or is intended without reproach to supply the player with, subjectively, useful items at all times.

As it stands, it is none of the above rather it is a simple random gift, much like the alert system.

At most, it functions as a pseudo-backup to the alert system (you missed the glaive alert, but when you logged to play as you would normally do, you lucked out to receive the glaive BP regardless).

Any item placed in the login reward will be seen by some as useful and by others as useless. It is highly subjective and pertains to players' own preferences and playstyle; for example, a player who has the Gorgon already may be rewarded with its blueprint compared to one who has not. A player who only melee may be awarded an ammo box whereas a player who regularly use rifles and purchase their ammo boxes will find a free box as lovely.

As such, it is impossible to pander objectively (save perhaps free platinum, but as said, this too is a trap) to subjective needs and thus subjective complaints are also rather moot since the system is designed with the entire collective in mind as a whole and not for individual wishes.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

I would LOVE to get an Energy Siphon out of a Daily Roll, because God Knows, DE thinks that they should only pop 5AM or somecrap.

It is the one-and-only Artifact I'm still missing, because every time it pops, it pops during wee morning hours. I'm not losing sleep over a game, not even Warframe.

And I noticed the other day, during a time I was actually home, we had back-to-back Enemy Radars. Those are a dime-a-dozen. But they can't put out Energy Siphons a little more often?

Edited by Xylia

That would be rooted in an assumption that the login reward system is mandatory for DE to maintain, a must-have for the players or is intended without reproach to supply the player with, subjectively, useful items at all times.

As it stands, it is none of the above rather it is a simple random gift, much like the alert system.

At most, it functions as a pseudo-backup to the alert system (you missed the glaive alert, but when you logged to play as you would normally do, you lucked out to receive the glaive BP regardless).

Any item placed in the login reward will be seen by some as useful and by others as useless. It is highly subjective and pertains to players' own preferences and playstyle; for example, a player who has the Gorgon already may be rewarded with its blueprint compared to one who has not. A player who only melee may be awarded an ammo box whereas a player who regularly use rifles and purchase their ammo boxes will find a free box as lovely.

As such, it is impossible to pander objectively (save perhaps free platinum, but as said, this too is a trap) to subjective needs and thus subjective complaints are also rather moot since the system is designed with the entire collective in mind as a whole and not for individual wishes.

Best Regards,

Nothing except respecting purchases is mandatory. Still if they took out all crafted weapons we could still say it's a crappy move (feedback).

Alerts are optional, login rewards are shoved in your face when you login. Saying an alert reward is useless has a lot less merit than this.

The OP is not claiming he wants 5000 free platinum, 3 Glaives and 2 frames for logging in, but you seem to think he wants lots of free stuff, when he simply wants something.

DE doesn't owe us anything like a login reward, but if the mechanic is there and it requires you to log in a week in a row, it should work as a reward. The 10k credits that I get from time to time would be good enough to replace all "null" current rewards.

In addition, as time passes, artifact rewards would be useless for a growing percentage of the player base. We already have more than enough opportunities to get those.

I've never seen an artifact in the login rewards so far luckily, and as far as I know, they were not there before.

There are lot of 'useless' reward in the login reward, few dozen credits or some random XP not gonna help much. The login reward are okay for new player but most of them are just average for long time player.