Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon the Red Mage

corrosivePaladin

I hope im putting this in the correct spot in the forums. Anyways...

This has been eating at me for a long time. Since i returned to warframe around Ash's Prime release [or was it volts i cant remember] and freaked over seeing a paladin frame. Ive held a lot of bias for him for just being a paladin but playwise i find he is barely one. As the title says, to me atleast, he plays far more like a red mage then anything else. And as ive seen some call him. A Jack of All Trades, Master of Nothing. Which again reflects how much more of a redmage he is.

Need more? Oberon's strengths fall off the more and more high lv you go. This can be put to a blame of, "hes just medtier," or "powercreep" but to me it doesn't feel like that. He is grand at the start and even through plenty of the game's medtier difficulty. This is often how redmages work. They start super strong and even let you power through early content. But the longer they stick around the more they feel like an anchor. Having to work harder and harder to keep up with classes that actually specialize in something.

Now in no way am i saying his powers are bad. As you can atleast still go into lv100 sorties [or ever that silly lv200 infected survival alert a while back] and still come out fine if you learn how to make the best of his broad abilities. But that his powers barely, if at all, reflect the support tank role paladins fill. They would be better fit on someone how is meant for allclassing.

As i type all this i find it hard to place how to say it all exactly or even correctly. But its purely that his powers don't reflect his title. When i look at a paladin, or even a knight, ive always expected something more like Rhino and his support/tank role.

Now im horrible at this part, and why im unsure where id post this topic. But if you rebuilt Oberon from the ground up, his models and cosmetics unchanged of course, how would you change him to be more of a team protector rather then his current Master of Nothing playstyle?

I ask this because only his 3rd power reflects this in any way right now. And still likes to drop off and fail plenty. Letting your allies down more then giving you more time to pick them up. Id suggest something but my affinity for a shield before a sword would likely muck it up...

-An Oberon Main...

Nice Brother! Keep the fight on!

You know i want Oberon to actually just focus on one role, that being a support frame. Let's see as a healer Trinity is the best, so at least Oberon could just help his allies improving their stats, nullifying procs and being a little healer, that being said Hallowed Grounds must be improved. Now we can also think about a new effect to smite, i don't know maybe disabling eximus special effects (althought that would be a problem with ice shield eximus), or hell it could be good for Hallowed Ground also (if the ability could be mobile) in exchange of no damage, it would be a pure support ability.