Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods Model Customization

BloodWolF

Dear DE please consider adding more details for instaled MODs. I know we got fire, ice, electric and poison effect but adding more details on weapon (and warframes?) models wouldn't hurt. Here are few examples:

Eagle Eye / Hawk Eye - Added scope

Magazine Warp/ Ammo Stock / Slip Magazine - Longer/Bigger clip (each lvl of mod extends size of clip)

Hornet Strike / Serration / Point Blank - Longer/Bigger barrel

Split Chamber / Hell's Chamber / Barrel Diffusion - Additional barrel when fully lvled MOD or diffrent barrel output

Pressure Point - Slightly bigger/wider weapon model

Reach - Longer weapon model or some kind of spectral visualization showing extended reach

True Steel - few spikes/edges on weapon blade?

Few examples for warframe MOD visualization:

Diamond Skin - Few mirror textures/plates on warframe (higher MOD lvl more of those)

Flame Repellent - Few flaming details on warframe

Redirection - Each 100% will add one layer of shield shown on hit

Vitality - Each 100% will add one layer of health shown on hit

Flow - maybe effect where power is flowing out or warframe shoulders?

Focus - power wlowing out of warframe forearms?

Those are only few examples I provided but I'm sure there are people with better ideas for those and other MODs. Remember customization is all what is left when player archived everything in game.

Edited by Anashea

Dear DE please consider adding more details for instaled MODs. I know we got fire, ice, electric and poison effect but adding more details on weapon (and warframes?) models wouldn't hurt. Here are few examples:

Eagle Eye / Hawk Eye - Added scope

Magazine Warp/ Ammo Stock / Slip Magazine - Longer/Bigger clip (each lvl of mod extends size of clip)

Hornet Strike / Serration / Point Blank - Longer/Bigger barrel

Split Chamber / Hell's Chamber / Barrel Diffusion - Additional barrel when fully lvled MOD or diffrent barrel output

Pressure Point - Slightly bigger/wider weapon model

Reach - Longer weapon model or some kind of spectral visualization showing extended reach

True Steel - few spikes/edges on weapon blade?

Few examples for warframe MOD visualization:

Diamond Skin - Few mirror textures/plates on warframe (higher MOD lvl more of those)

Flame Repellent - Few flaming details on warframe

Redirection - Each 100% will add one layer of shield shown on hit

Vitality - Each 100% will add one layer of health shown on hit

Flow - maybe effect where power is flowing out or warframe shoulders?

Focus - power wlowing out of warframe forearms?

Those are only few examples I provided but I'm sure there are people with better ideas for those and other MODs. Remember customization is all what is left when player archived everything in game.

These are all fantastic ideas. I think the frame's visuals should be toned down quite a bit compared to the weapon's. I would hate to cover up my beautiful paint schemes. With the redirection and vitality were you thinking that the higher levels would add additional colors to the shield flare or something else?

These are all fantastic ideas. I think the frame's visuals should be toned down quite a bit compared to the weapon's. I would hate to cover up my beautiful paint schemes. With the redirection and vitality were you thinking that the higher levels would add additional colors to the shield flare or something else?

First of all those resistance MODs don't give much (2-12%) so covering warframe in similar proportion wouldn't hurt your paint scheme too much :) Second not color but... Right now shield and health when hit shows only one layer (red and blue border around warframe). As I wrote before reaching each 100% would add one more layer/border when hit just for show :)

I really like these ideas. They should really do some more basic things first, like fixing up clipping issues, allowing every color of a weapon to be changed, and such. Extra visual effects would really enhance the game, as well as giving people an easy time identifying what mods others are using.

I like the idea of customizing weapons but not based on the Mods they have equiped, specialy becouse with Dueling system coming out, it would make too obvious what mods a player is using in case he/she has some special mod strategie.

I think these details should be optional skin addons to the Weapon such as the Sentinel`s Wings/Heads/Tails.

I like the idea of customizing weapons but not based on the Mods they have equiped, specialy becouse with Dueling system coming out, it would make too obvious what mods a player is using in case he/she has some special mod strategie.

I think these details should be optional skin addons to the Weapon such as the Sentinel`s Wings/Heads/Tails.

This would hurt "freebie" players? Dueling right... Would you have time to watch enemys weapon so carfully so you would notice all those mods customization? I don't think so. But to resolve this weapons could be shown in the moment duel is started?

I don't think this should be a consideration in whether or not we have mod visuals. I don't want to be bland just because it might tell someone what I'm using. That's sort of the idea after all.