Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Buff Opt Out Alternative

Arcadiace

It's been a while since I've been on the forums, so I do apologize if this idea has been brought up before. However, despite my searches, I found nothing quite similar buried beneath the posts of ongoing issues and discussions; let alone more than the occasional post regarding this matter.

This is regarding the recent (Volt's Speed) and not so recent (Limbo's Banish) opt-out mechanics to remove friendly buffs when considered undesired. While this doesn't pose too much of a problem now, barring niche players who in which enjoy a plethora of play-style options, I surmise implementing opt-out mechanics similar to the aforementioned two would either

a) Eventually bloat the maneuver system with several different opt-out functions, thereby limiting future buffs and augments alike (as well as become difficult to remember all opt-out mechanics); or

b) Become overlapping in which several buffs are removed from a single mechanic, agreeably undesirable.

c) In an extreme situation, a bloated options list of ON/OFF choices for certain opt-out scenarios.

To future-proof the above issues, a simple GUI above (or below) the Items and Emotes screen (Default - Q) with rows of icons relative the buffs could be displayed, and right-clicked to remove the corresponding buff. In addition to it, this menu could also be utilized for displaying tooltips for buffs one wishes to identify or use to calculate specific numbers.

Clearly there is no solution to please everyone, as my method described could be relatively slow for other players; and right now this isn't entirely a problem with only two opt-outs required, as I've said before. However, if the vast majority prefer the current mechanics as-is, at least allow the aforementioned additive idea in regards to calculations. Perhaps even a toggle in the options menu for an individual's preference regarding the opt-out buff mechanics. 

Thank you~

Edited by Arcadiace
Typo