Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wherever Has My PhysX Gone?

Kappatalist

Question

A good while ago, I tested the gaming laptop I'm currently using by trying to run Warframe on it. To my joy, it ran quite nicely on max settings, even with PhysX particles enabled. Therefore, I know that my machine supports PhysX effects and can run them without nuking my framerate.

Why, then, is the option to enable PhysX Particles locked to the "Off" setting in my video options? For as long as I've been playing since I came back to the game, PhysX has been locked for me, and nothing I've tried to re-enable them has worked. What the hell happened?

I tried effing around with drivers. That didn't work.
I tried telling the game which version of DirectX to use, thinking it was getting confused. That didn't work.
I tried changing around my PhysX settings in the nVidia Control Panel. That didn't work.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I just want my fancy, shiny, completely pointless, arguably distracting particle systems back. I know they work, but something's in the way of enabling them.

EDIT: This belongs either here, or in Bug Reports. Not sure where to really post this, but I feel I might get more answers from this board.

Edited by Kappatalist

5 answers to this question

what ive found was:

-run directx 11(change in launcher)

-update gpu drivers

-reinstall or downgrade gpu drivers

-CPU as the PhysX processor

-try running through nvidea experience program (though for me this program opens up a different set of problems)

-a comment i found on https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/49dnda/cant_enable_physx/

"Your graphics card probably doesn't actually support it. Before 18.5 I could enable it but know my GPU doesn't actually support it. Now it's grayed out/unselectable. So I'm sure DE just improved their driver/card detection.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ Download GPU-Z and run it (don't need to install if you don't want to). It will give you every ounce of information for your video card's hardware including whether or not it supports physx processing."

-download and reinstall the physx drivers?

it could also be on de's end, there has been an issue like this before which they fixed after some time.

I found this stuff on various websites, if none of this works sry but i cant help you out :(