Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My build for Soma Prime

ReZZo

Question

Yes, i know. There're many many pages with builds for Soma Prime, but they are also abandoned for years, so i made my own 2 builds for Soma P.

What do you think about it? Should i change some mods?

My first build has 3 variants for each faction (4 formas). Here is universal:

Spoiler

Serration
Split Chamber
Heavy Caliber
Vital Sense
Point Strike
Hammer Shot
2x elemental mod (grinner - radiation, corpus - magnetic and infested - gas)

My previous build has Shred instead of Hammer Shot, but Hammer Shot provide me better status chance. Without it, my elemental mods don't have any sense

My another build is better, but only when i'm aiming, because i put there Bladed Rounds and Argon Scope. It's little cheaper, because with only 3 formas and also works fine with every faction

Spoiler

Serration
Split Chamber
Heavy Caliber
Vital Sense
Point Strike
Bladed Rounds
Argon Scope
Infected Clip (or Stormbringer)

I'm confused, because i prefer "stable" damages in every situations, so first build is better for me, but 2nd deals more damages, but only if Bladed Rounds and Argon Scope work

7 answers to this question

Elemental mods still makes sense even tho you don't inflict status. They convert some of your total damage to the element, and enemies have weaknesses. So IMO Shred is better than Hammershot. But I guess that's a matter of preference.

That being said, I personally use build 2, with Argon and Bladed. Them red crits tho.

In my opinion, I would get rid of Heavy Calibur.  The loss of accuracy isn't a big deal fighting large groups, but when you get to where you need to do precision shooting it can really screw you over.  I would replace Heavy cal with either bladed rounds or argon scope to help with crits.

Don't you need Ammo mutation? I tend to run out of ammo eventually in longer games like survival/defense, while non-endless might not need it. But then again anything can be great at non-endless missions. I suggest trying out High Voltage + Malignant force for both Corrupted and Grineer. 37 or something status chance is still pretty decent vs heavies if you're using corrosive as your element. I'm using this, I suggest at least trying it out:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22222003_128-6-3-132-1-5-137-0-10-140-3-5-159-2-5-265-5-3-624-7-10_137-7-132-8-159-5-140-5-f-f-265-7-128-7-624-7/en/2-0-65

For genral purpose and vs grineer with the empty slot filled based on preference with either of these: Argon scope(If you can aim, it provides more consistent criticals), Bladed Rounds(Higher single target damage output), Shred(Punch through and faster wind-up - why not?)

29 minutes ago, Klazik said:

Everyone and my mom would rather use ammo restores than waste a mod slot on ammo.

I wasted a mod slot on akstilettos prime for primed ammo mutation and it feels great.

Back to the topic-2 90 elemental for combo of choice, get rid of heavy caliber-you will do much more damage if you land headshots, and heavy caliber makes it difficult (if you suck at aiming-keep it). Overall your secong build is better, consider taking tips from above