Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xp/mod Drops Need To Update/save In Event Of Crash.

Lunaticked

I'm not saying that we should get rewards for ditching a mission, or losing a mission, but when we're doing fine, doing great, spent a good chunk of time in a defense or mobile defense mission, getting tons of mods, tons of XP and then...

"Wait. Why is everything froz...oh gods DAMMIT."

And that's it. All that progress, that rare mod you've been pining for? Poof. Gone.

I'm sure there's some way to implement a system like this that has minimal risks of exploits.

During a host migration i can understand where this would come into play. i actually just ran the Alert for the Forma reward and WHAT DO YA KNOW! Host migration because 2 people quit. I lost 14 mods (yes, i counted) and all i got was Forma. in those 14 mods, 6 were Rank 5 Fusion Cores. so i understand where this idea could have sparked from.

you should have a little time to come back in

like 1-2 min

i hardly got a single crash on games in the last 5? years... i mean, a crash from time to time it's ok, you hardly notice it... but this game crashes A LOT. crashed to me 3 times just tonight, and 2 times during an alert mobile defence mission :(

EDIT: 4th time tonight, lost another nice 20 minutes of play... this has to be fixed... please

Edited by storm.climax

crashes are an unexpected problem.

how would you plan around that? whats the difference between a crash and somebody unplugging their modem? how would the servers tell the difference?

The game itself creates log files upon every crash. It's how we report various bugs. It knows the difference. What I am suggesting is something that piggybacks off the systems already in place.

I say that for all the drops and such, why doesn't the server/system grant the players who have been disconnected **Against their own will/intent** be rewarded with the mods and experience they gained up to that point in the mission.