Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Build

Czygen

Question

11 answers to this question

I'm planning on building excal on radial javelin/radial blind cuz of nerf. Haven't gotten to it yet.

Build above looks good, haven't experimented enough to know if an exalted blade build is still viable

Edited by ArcticMantis

Let's start with the melee weapon, because that's pretty straight forward.
You want pressure point, berserker, spoiled strike, fury, 3 elementals (I go with corrosive + heat almost all the time) and life strike.

In the aura slot you should go with steel charge, energy siphon or corrosive projection. If you don't have life strike go with rejuvination.

Stretch, continuity, flow and streamline should always be in your build.
If you have it use rage.
1 strength mod makes sense.
For defense you can use quick thinking if you have rage.
You then have 1 slot left open. Vitality fits in there very well.

Without quick thinking I would go with vitality+ steel fiber for defense.
If you don't have rage you can replace it with fleeting expertise. Then you always want vitality + steel fiber as defense.

Atm I have 0 forma in my excal, mainly because I'm waiting for umbra and because my build works. I have replaced the vitality with fleeting expertise in that build, because vitality doesn't fit in.

Continuity and stretch are mainly for radial blind, because you also want to use that. It helps you stay alive and deal more damage.

You can also check out brozimes youtube channel. You should find a video about excal there.

On 7/1/2016 at 9:49 PM, Epsik-kun said:

How do you intend to use that Excal? There are basically two builds - one for the high level content and another, stupid one, for very high level content that doesn't work without Naramon.

The one without Naramon.

No aura polarity is the best aura polarity on Excalibur. He can be built for Blind (CP/w PT), Draco (CP/ w PT), or EB (SC).

The first guy's build is very good, I would make a few small changes by replacing energy siphon for steel charge and flow for stretch.

- Energy Siphon is deactivated during EB = useless.

- Corrosive Projection is useless at high level. If you run with/without a party, all carry steel charge since you will eventually camp and - spam blind and EB.

- Flow is not necessary since he capped efficiency. Drain and activation costs next to nothing. Generally with capped efficiency, you won't ever run out of energy.

WITHOUT BUILDING RADIAL BLIND WITH EXALTED BLADE TOGETHER, YOU WILL BE RAPED BY 100+ ENEMIES.

Why Stretch?

Spoiler

First Ability: Increased range on dash.

Second: More enemies blinded.

Third: More enemies staggered.

Forth: Larger blind range.

I strongly dislike the [flow+rage+life strike] build. It's pointless since Excalibur's ultimate is designed to be glass cannon. He is built to kill enemies before they damage you. You have blind (hard CC), javelin (soft CC), and mobility (1st).

If you still die repeatedly in a mission, use Chroma and Tonkor.

I would still use life strike, just in case if you run low on hp to get it back. Make sure you find one single enemies and life strike on him. You will sometimes find yourself using life strike and energy => low.

Spoiler

a5ea25ab643becf0f57122a10a0d0168.jpg

8ea669497d0c333fe9012a71965ca0a4.png

You only need 5 forma. I just have so many to theory crafting. :P

Edited by -Filthy-

7 minutes ago, Czygen said:

The one without Naramon.

Spoiler

ucja3uK.jpg

I would say, the only mod that's optional is Stretch. It can be Intensify, Stretch, Constitution, Furious Javelin or something else - it's up to you. I prefer more range on my Slash Dash and Blind.

Vitality and Steel Fiber combo gives you enough EHP to face-tank a missile from level 110 Corrupted Bombard on T4, provided your EBlade is up.

Rage provides you with unlimited energy supply as long as things can't one-shot you.

Maximum Efficiency (the actual 90%) is a must, because the only way to get minimal EBlade sustain cost is to go for increased duration, and that'll result in you either using a slot for Constitution or sacrificing your range, which is a really bad idea for non-Naramon Excal. Going for 170% Efficiency is also a really bad idea, as it increases skill costs by 20%.

Handspring is the single best Exilus mod you can get on an Excal that takes a hit, because getting knocked down kills you.

Transient is a min-max Power Strength option. If you don't have it, Intensify will suffice, removing the need for Primed Continuity.

For your melee - you can use whatever you want. Just keep in mind, that Life Strike is mandatory, building for critical hit is not efficient and Spoiled Strike is generally bad. The best thing you can build for - dual-stat build with maximum attack speed. The second best - pure damage build with maximum attack speed.

On 7/1/2016 at 6:49 AM, Epsik-kun said:

How do you intend to use that Excal? There are basically two builds - one for the high level content and another, stupid one, for very high level content that doesn't work without Naramon.

What's the one with for stupid high content? I've seen it before and it's so cheesey xD

2 hours ago, Sweaty_Pleb said:

What's the one with for stupid high content? I've seen it before and it's so cheesey xD

Spoiler

5BE4al1.jpg

Something along the lines. Used to be a max Strength build with Narrow Minded (hence the polarity mismatch) for EBlade energy sustain, but the latest nerf pretty much murdered the build, as you can't face level 200~500 enemies without spamming Spin Blind like crazy, and having bad efficiency doesn't help here.

The build basically gets rid of every single mod that relies on enemies hitting you, as getting hit after 80 minutes of T4S will oneshot you no matter what kind of build you are using - so why bother?

Enemy Sense can be swapped for minor boost to range via Cunning Drift, melee damage via Coaction Drift or energy pool via Endurance drift. However I prefer Enemy Sense for better spawn awareness, as you have to be as effective as possible to sustain Life Support.

Having slightly different polarities may allow you to fit in Energy Conversion which can be used as a legit alternative to Blind Rage which is currently unusable with EBlade. However I don't like the idea of murdering my three other builds for the sake of a single-purpose one.

EBlade is built for attack speed and status - Corrosive + Blast without Life Strike - no alternatives here.

As a matter of fact, 100 minutes can be done with the build I've shown previously. This one allows to go further, albeit it is hard. Furthest I've achieved with currently dead max Power Strength build was 2:20 of T3S (which has the same level scaling as T4S).

Edited by Epsik-kun

96w75u.png

Heres the build im using for my EB Excalibur. This build scales well into end-game. Can still murder lots of lvl 100 enemies <3. Its a 2 Forma build. If you want to put on some primed mods you have to add moar forma <3

[ Note: This is how I build my EB. Some prefer a power strength build but I think a utility based build scales better into late-game ]

Steel Charge: I put this here because it scales with SD and EB. Some will argue that CP is better and I agree with them. I initially put SC because it gives lots of mod slots. And if I want CP I could add one final forma to the build (4 forma) to make CP fit.

Handspring : I find this mod mandatory. It basically makes your KD non existent. It saved my life lots of times on t3 and t4. Also on some random high lvl survivals on the starmap.

Vitality, Quick Thinking, Rage, (Primed) Flow : These are core. Vitality + Rage will basically give you infinite energy and Quick Thinking + Flow for more survivability and a larger energy pool for EB. Some would recommend to take out QT but it saved me lots of times.

(R3) Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, (Primed) Continuity : These mods give me my "channeling efficiency" these 3 all together makes EB drain less than 1 energy per sec. You can put in a max rank Fleeting and Streamline to get less channeling cost but it will hurt your RB. 

Stretch : This one is optional, if you want more dmg go for Intensify or maybe Energy Channel but id rather have a larger blind radius.

Now another important thing about EB is your weapon mods.

[ Things to know about EB ]

• It is considered a longsword so the moment you press 4 you get the 10% aspd and dmg boost regardless of what weapon you have equipped
  • It has innate 15% crit chance, 200% crit dmg, and 10% status that is unaffected by your equipped weapon
  • The waves are affected by the stealth multiplier bonus on Radial Blind
  • You auto parry all frontal attacks meaning you only take 60% dmg
  • You deal an equal amount of IPS (Impact, Puncture, Slash)

2m4w028.png

I tried various builds for EB. But this is the most fun FOR ME

Pressure Point : For more dmg

Life Strike : This + Rage = Infinite HP and Energy

Organ Shatter : Its just here so I can see bigger numbers. You can replace it with whatever you want. You can use a dagger with covert lethality if you want to.

Spoiled Strike : For even more dmg <3

Fury, Berserker : To offset Spoiled Strike and believe me when I say this 75% Exalted Berserker Frenzy.... JUST TRY IT!!!!!!!!!

Shocking Touch, Fever Strike : For corrosive dmg. I would replace it with the two dual stat mods but I dont have Voltaic Strike and I dont think Virulent Scourge alone will do anything.

[ How to EB ]

1) Press 4

2) Tank some hits to refill energy

3) Press 2

4) Channel Stealth Kill the nearest enemy

5) Spam E 

AND ALWAYS SPAM RADIAL BLIND. It increases the dmg done by EB and it eases enemy fire. It helps alot whether your in a team or going solo.