Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Summer Games Done Quick 2016

Seldszar

In a few hours, the Summer Games Done Quick 2016, an annual speedrun charity marathon will begin for 7 days without interruption (24 hours per day) for Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières).

Maybe you don't know what I said, here are some answers:

What is a speedrun?

A speedrun is a play-through (or a recording thereof) of a video game performed with the intention of completing a goal as fast as possible, most often to complete the game. Speedruns may cover a whole game or a selected part (such as a single level) and may impose additional requirements beyond quick completion. They are mainly attempted for the purposes of challenge, entertainment and competition.

What is the Summer Games Done Quick?

Summer Games Done Quick is an annual charity video game marathon streamed live here and on Twitch.TV, with donations going directly to Doctors Without Borders (no middle-man)! The event features high-level play by speedrunners, playing games as quickly as possible. During the stream, viewers can donate to see various challenges completed, or to be entered in for awesome prizes! Make sure to come back for the show, starting at 11:30 AM Central Time Sunday, right here!

Who is Doctors Without Borders?

Every year, Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides emergency medical care to millions of people caught in crises in more than 60 countries around the world. MSF provides assistance when catastrophic events—such as armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, or natural disasters—overwhelm local health systems. MSF also assists people who face discrimination or neglect from their local health systems or when populations are otherwise excluded from health care.

MSF is a neutral and impartial humanitarian organization that aims first and foremost to provide high-quality medical care to the people who need it the most. It does not promote the agenda of any country, political party, or religious faith, and, as such, endeavors to communicate its history, background, and capabilities to all parties in a given situation so that it may gain the necessary access to populations in need.

If you are always interested, here are some useful links to be ready:

I love this event and I hope, by this topic, introduce new people who are curious, don't know his existence or simply remind it starts today.
Anyway, thank you for reading it and have a good day!

2 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I'm hyped for the Freedom Planet speed run

sadly enough.... I had to look up what Freedom Planet was LOL!  

Also, never heard of these "summer games done quick" before?!  They're interesting!

Just now, Btabc said:

sadly enough.... I had to look up what Freedom Planet was LOL!  

Also, never heard of these "summer games done quick" before?!  They're interesting!

Freedom Planet is basically the best Sonic game we've gotten in the past 10 years... and it's not even a Sonic game. It was made by a small team on Kickstarter to boot! AND IT'S AWESOME.

2 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Freedom Planet is basically the best Sonic game we've gotten in the past 10 years... and it's not even a Sonic game. It was made by a small team on Kickstarter to boot! AND IT'S AWESOME.

You're right!!!!  It's like the older Sega Sonic games I played when I was a "wee little lad"!  It's VERY interesting!  I also had no idea that it wasn't from ANY of the creators of sonic!  Just assumed that some of the people from the sonic team MIGHT have made their way there!  Grazie for the information, PsychedelicSnake! :)

17 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I'm hyped for the Freedom Planet speed run

I discovered this game a couple of months ago and the speedrun is really cool!

Personally, I'm waiting the TASBot block, like each year, Bioshock, Super Meat Boy and strangely Pepsiman, maybe because SpikeVegeta yelled with a creepy face and I want to see him again. XD