Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Automatic weapons 'jamming' after you slide or bulletjump, often

Sold0ut

So, this is a bug that seems to be affecting all automatic weapons, and it has been happening with the Boltor Prime to me all the time over the last weeks.

If I press my crouch key to either slide or kneel down and press my automatic firing key down at the same time, very often the firing will no longer work while standing up.

THIS BUG CAN BE REPRODUCED BUT DOES NOT HAPPEN AT A 100% LIKELIHOOD.

Here's a video clip so you can see what I mean:

In it, I am holding down left click (my firing key) the ENTIRE time, but the gun only fires while I'm crouching or sliding!

Edited by Sold0ut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Zenviscerator said:

So you've checked your bindings, mouse settings, drivers, and the hardware itself and it's still happening?

Seriously, if it's been that long why haven't you made a ticket?

We thank you for bringing this to our attention, however we do not collect bug reports via support ticket. We ask that you post bugs to the appropriate section on the Warframe Bug Reporting subforums located at the link below.

[Warframe PC Bug Forums]

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/171-pc-beta-bugs/

Don't make a ticket, it won't get you anywhere. And that ticket reply wasn't from "a while ago", it was less than 48 hours ago that I got that.

On 2.8.2016 at 8:12 AM, Maxpayne67 said:

Strange bug, i'm using automatic weapon too and didn't notice any problems. Stradavar in auto, BPrime and soma prime works fine for me.

Any chance you have a conflict in your key binding? Or maybe a driver update to do?

Nope, deffo not a personal issue. When I posted it on the warframe sub, it quickly made frontpage because others had the same issue. It is definitely triggered by any slide movement used at the same time as automatic firing, and I find it all too mysterious that this bug started happening with the Lunaro updates, which bled over into PvE on multiple occasions!

Additionally, my keybinds are entirely default, except that I switched shift and ctrl. But like I said, I'm not the only one that seems to have the issue. The ticket is in consideration still, DE don't like it but it can be done. Especially when things get highly technical and may be personal bugs. I'm trying to -avoid- ticketing, that being said.

Edited by Sold0ut

@Sold0ut I will check today in detail if this bug happened to me too by reproduce your action in the video above. I let you know. 

@Edit : I just made a test in the same way you show it in the video above and didn't notive any problem . Same Warframe, same weapon, same tactics and my BPrime works fine.

Edited by Maxpayne67
Adding some information

On 8.8.2016 at 8:31 AM, Maxpayne67 said:

@Sold0ut I will check today in detail if this bug happened to me too by reproduce your action in the video above. I let you know. 

@Edit : I just made a test in the same way you show it in the video above and didn't notive any problem . Same Warframe, same weapon, same tactics and my BPrime works fine.

It's a sporadic bug. It doesn't happen every time. It happens a lot of times but not EVERY time. Just actively use automatic weapons, do bullet jumps and sliding to speed up, eventually you will be in a situation where your gun will stop firing the moment you stop pressing ctrl or whatever key you have bound it to.

Thanks for trying to help either way.

• 4 weeks later...

Bug still happens.

What happened here: I slid, and fired my Akstiletto Primes. upon standing again, while STILL holding left click, my guns did not fire. As soon as I pressed Shift (which is my slide keybind, I swapped shift and ctrl in my controls) the guns fired, but only while I was sliding / crouching. At least until I let go of left click and pressed it again.

And I repeat, this is NOT a personal issue. This was noticed by plenty of people:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4r2fse/so_automatic_firing_is_very_broken_right_now_if/