The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Minelayer augment mod "Extended mines"

(PSN)apashby

This augment adds more mines to the minelayer ability, or if it crowds up the mine selection wheel too much it could replace the mines in order of unlock.

these are the mines I have in mind:

unranked: 'scanner' mine, this mine marks targets that are in its line of sight, highlight them through walls like a codex/synthesis scanner would. Useful for spy missions, stealth runs and the tactical takedown of wardens in rescue missions but not much else.

rank 1: 'force field' mine, this mine acts like Atlas' tectonics wall except it looks like a wall of energy. It stays active for a few seconds. It blocks bullets from both sides, it doesn't matter if it's you firing or an enemy, enemies cannot pass through it but you and other players can, it is transparent too so you will be seen through it. Useful for personal defense, objective defense and stopping enemies in their tracks

rank 2: 'nano repair' mine, this mine heals you and allies over a few seconds in a small radius for 1% per second, it's a small amount but the healing can be stacked with other nano repair mines

max rank: 'cipher' mines, this mine reacts differently to different types of electronics and robots, when it hits any enemy with a shield the shield is halved, when it hits a robot that has a weapon it scrambles it's targeting, disabling their weapons for the duration of the mine's lifetime, the targeting system scramble will not disable robotic bosses weapons but instead will reduce their accuracy, orokin drones and shield moas will stop shielding their faction and instead shield Tenno, when it hits a camera or turret it switches it to the tenno's side permanently, when it hits a door that is on lockdown (yellow door, not red) it will open it, when it hits a control console it will take away one alert level every five seconds (yellow or total lockdown goes to white or caution mode in five seconds, white or caution mode goes to no alert in five seconds), this last one may be a bit op but when it touches a mobile defense point it halves the time it takes to finish, you can only do it once per point (the lotus will thank you for making her job much easier) my attempt to justify the time-halving is this: Loki and limbo are good at spy missions, frost and Mesa are good at defense missions, Ash and ember are good an annihilating everything and everyone, Hydroid and Oberon are good at being the butt of every joke in warframe, why can't Vauban be good at something too?

LORD BOOBEN FTW

Edited by (PS4)apashby

Nice ideas, I like them all :D

Though, the augment for Minelayer just expanding on the existing mines themselves works for me too.

• Bounce -> propels allies in their direction of travel instead of the direction of the bounce pad.
  • Tripwire -> the laser now spins in place, tripping more enemies in its radius.
  • Shred -> causes an implosion instead of explosion, sucking in enemies in range.
  • Concuss -> all melee attacks dealt to deaf enemies can stagger on hit.

Why use the Repair Mine over a Health Restore pad, for example?

I haven't used Vauban in a long time, but I can't see any harm in having an augment that swaps out this mines for a new set, or adds them if they don't "clutter" things.

Edited by MechaTails