Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas build/opinions

(PSN)NOVI1KONOBI

Question

So I just got atlas and first of all he's sooooooo much fun to use just going around and taking out entire groups with a few punches brings a smile to my face then there's the beating bosses with a few punches too, at the moment I have to say he's the most fun frame to play for me but I'm not sure if I like him over my Nyx prime just yet. I was just wondering what your opinion is on him and what build to run with him for landslide primarily. At the moment he is rank 19 and I'm running vitality, redirection, streamline, flow, steel fibre, and intensify. I plan on putting a fleeting expertise and stretch on once I can.

note, I plan on using him more for bosses and just for fun. I'll still most likely keep my nyx, frost, and Vauban for survival/defense

Edited by (PS4)NOVI1KONOBI

4 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, (PS4)NOVI1KONOBI said:

So I just got atlas and first of all he's sooooooo much fun to use just going around and taking out entire groups with a few punches brings a smile to my face then there's the beating bosses with a few punches too, at the moment I have to say he's the most fun frame to play for me but I'm not sure if I like him over my Nyx prime just yet. I was just wondering what your opinion is on him and what build to run with him for landslide primarily. At the moment he is rank 19 and I'm running vitality, redirection, streamline, flow, steel fibre, and intensify. I plan on putting a fleeting expertise and stretch on once I can.

note, I plan on using him more for bosses and just for fun. I'll still most likely keep my nyx, frost, and Vauban for survival/defense

Well you got the right idea with building him rather tanky, but in my opinion going for a lot of Efficiency doesnt help a lot, since the combo of his "1" cuts down castin cost anyways. So I would not gimp his "4" and "1" combo counter just so you get to cast the first Landslide cheaper. I would suggest to go for super high duration build instead so both your combo counter on "1" and your rumblers get good duration. The only Stat Atlas doesnt really need besides Efficiency is actually range, as landslide cast range is not affected by it and it only slows down your rumblers a bit. Thus Narrowminded is not a bad choice to get  maximum duration.

If you get a melee weapon with lifestrike you can easily take him to Survival missions too (may need Zenurik to keep up energy, I never play without it).

And of course dont forget to mod your melee weapon for maximum damage (spoiled strike rocks here since the speed doesnt affect Landslide, but the damage does) and impact damage (i run both Primed Heavy Trauma and Collishion Force) and of course 4 elemental mods of your choice.

It's a pretty good build you have so far. 

Personally I run this set up for landslide, Deals damage without reducing the efficiency (You're probably better off replacing Fleeting Expertise for Streamline but that's all up to you) of the cast and you can still impact/stun nearby enemies with the standard range %, however your combo timer between punches depletes at a critical rate. 

I'm thinking of removing vigor and replacing it with Narrow Minded that way I can increase the Combo timer therefor further increasing the damage dealt by landslide.

CkWaDNS.jpg

Edited by Eggplants

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:58 PM, (PS4)NOVI1KONOBI said:

So I just got atlas and first of all he's sooooooo much fun to use just going around and taking out entire groups with a few punches.

^This.

This is the only Reason why Atlas is worth using. His other Abilities are lacking greatly when it comes to Synergizing and Team Synergy.

As a Tank Frame, he's Semi-Decent having a near 1000 Armor rating with just Steel Fiber.

As for a Build, Just Build him towards his 1st and just leave it at that. Great Crowd Control, crits at some times too, and scales with Melee Mods.

As for the Tanky Aspects, I recommend getting your hands on Some Arcanes, Preferably Guardian and Grace for Extra Armor And Healing. Rage, Flow, Quick Thinking, and Arcane Energize will also Help with Tanking and Survivability Along with Armored Agility if you havent gotten your Hands on a Copy of the mod by now....Though this is part of my Build specs, you work with what you have for the time being. Experiementing is part of the fun.

Also, Just with Any Tank, Excluding Zephyr and Frost, Shield is not Needed, as there's Nothing to compensate for it....unlike Health that can be managed with Armor mods.

Hope this helps a bit Fellow Tenno.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:58 PM, (PS4)NOVI1KONOBI said:

So I just got atlas and first of all he's sooooooo much fun to use just going around and taking out entire groups with a few punches.

^This.

This is the only Reason why Atlas is worth using. His other Abilities are lacking greatly when it comes to Synergizing and Team Synergy.

As a Tank Frame, he's Semi-Decent having a near 1000 Armor rating with just Steel Fiber.

As for a Build, Just Build him towards his 1st and just leave it at that. Great Crowd Control, crits at some times too, and scales with Melee Mods.

As for the Tanky Aspects, I recommend getting your hands on Some Arcanes, Preferably Guardian and Grace for Extra Armor And Healing. Rage, Flow, Quick Thinking, and Arcane Energize will also Help with Tanking and Survivability Along with Armored Agility if you havent gotten your Hands on a Copy of the mod by now....Though this is part of my Build specs, you work with what you have for the time being. Experiementing is part of the fun.

Also, Just with Any Tank, Excluding Zephyr and Frost, Shield is not Needed, as there's Nothing to compensate for it....unlike Health that can be managed with Armor mods.

Hope this helps a bit Fellow Tenno.