Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggling channeling/running unreliable

Ext3h

Channeling and running, I had to notice that when you set these to "toggle", they don't really stick as you would expect them to.

What I would expect them to behave:

• When I toggle them to "ON", then "ON" becomes the default state for this setting.
  • When I toggle them to "OFF", then "OFF" becomes the default state for this setting.

What actually happens:

• When I toggle them to "ON", the automatically toggle back to "OFF" whenever they are not applicable.
  • When applicable again, they are stuck in "OFF" state unless manually toggled to "ON" again.

E.g. when channeling attacks, I would expect the channeling effect to be active per default whenever I have sufficient energy for a channeled attack.

What instead happens, is that the default channeling state is turned back to off whenever I run out of energy, and needs to be toggled back on automatically.

The same goes for running. For a strange reason, there appear to be various actions and status effects which deactivate running. But running should be re-activated as soon as the corresponding state wears off.

Instead it remains turned off, until manually toggled on again.

This actually applies not only to the "press once to toggle" semantic, but also to the "hold to channel/sprint" input schemes. For these the same problem exists, once the state is broken for whatever reason, you have to re-press the button to reactivate the channeling or running state.

Just keeping "sprint" or "channeling" pressed fails to guarantee that these are actually active. The game WILL override the state of the input state machine, so that even while the key is still pressed, the game will disable channeling or running.

(Dupe of https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4rctlg/toggled_settings_unreliable/ )

Edited by Ext3h