Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura for Excal

korewamint

Question

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask what aura would benefit Excal more. I'm debating between Corrosive Projection and Steel Charge, I originally put steel charge there and even forma'd a V polarity in 5 months ago since i started. I have forma'd excal 8 times already(which I kinda regret for wasting that much forma since I removed the polarities again) and just wanna settle the aura now. Any advice would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

I almost always go with Steel Charge. If not for the melee damage then for the extra mod slots. But then again I go with melee most of the time so it would benefit someone like me more. I would also assume steel charge works for his Ult too but I'm not too sure about slash dash or RJ.

But if you don't melee much then maybe corrosive projection. Not as many mod slots but I don't think that matters too much seeing as you've formaed him 8 times already.

Edit: also don't forget about Calibutt's sword damage passive. Might wanna take that into account as well when deciding between CP or SC.

Edited by Drunkenbagel
Forgot to mention

Don't forma it. I've spent 8 forma on mine as well (6 but I messed up once so 8). Just forma the other slots so that you can choose the aura you want depending on the situation. (If your team is bringing CP then bring CP if you want to solo put on Steel Charge)

Also, Steel Charge affects Exalted Blade.

Edited by EyeLaikCheez

4 minutes ago, EyeLaikCheez said:

Don't forma it. I've spent 8 forma on mine as well (6 but I messed up once so 8). Just forma the other slots so that you can choose the aura you want depending on the situation. (If your team is bringing CP then bring CP) If you want to solo put on Steel Charge)

I have forma'd the aura slot since I was a newbie which I regret cause thats what I messed up, I'll just remove that polarity again and switch between solo and grouplay as you suggest. Thanks for all the help everyone!

For Excalibur I'd say it really depends what you enjoy him for.

If you use Excalibur for Exalted Blade you may wanna look into Steel Charge, which benefits you a huge amount if you want to get close on the enemies.

If you're planning on using Excalibur for other users other than soloing and running around with Exalted Blade, I'd recommend Corrosive Projection just because it's by far the most useful Aura mod for both your team, and yourself.

Quick tip using basic math w/ regards to aura polarity

It's better to have a - polarity aura than none if you're planning on switching between Steel Charge and Corrosive Projection. The reason for this is Steel Charge in an unpolarized slot gives 9 mod points and Corrosive gives 7 mod points compared to having a - polarity in the aura where Steel Charge will give 7 mod points and Corrosive Projection will give 14 mod points