The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Scorches seem to be capable of hitting behind them (or possibly even anywhere in the same room as you) with their Ignis's.

YellowVolt

From what I've been reading, it has been a general bug with the Ignis. Apparently, that gun is doing an AOE effect rather than an actual stream. So, if you're having issues, STAY FAR AWAY, wait for the scorcher to kill whatever is in the  room, or kill the scorcher from far away.

This is mainly a gun bug, and it doesn't help that scorchers do damage based on their level (in derelict, this would be around 1000 damage per second.)

meanwhile, I'm going to switch to capture missions. Maybe I won't die as much.

Just noticed this while looking for kavat dna. I was wondering and raging on what was killing me, narrowed the search to scorchers cause of random fire procs.

Hope this gets fixed REAL soon, This is just bad.

Edited by Phink

wont be that fast propably, the bug already is quite old and they still kill you from a near infinite range(at least it feels infinite) while not even knowing that you exist because of the spread while trying to hit a ospery / charger....

I never have a problem with the scorchers till now,( minding the insanely high damage in an instant bullcrap, which is the grinner in general.) I now know that people have had big problem for a while, good to know DE is kinda neglecting their game. Greeeaaattt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.07.2016 at 11:09 PM, Magtone said:

From what I've been reading, it has been a general bug with the Ignis. Apparently, that gun is doing an AOE effect rather than an actual stream. So, if you're having issues, STAY FAR AWAY, wait for the scorcher to kill whatever is in the  room, or kill the scorcher from far away.

I'm only one that get killed even trough doors and stuff like that... i mean even when im like 30-50 meters away from enemy

Scorches have always been my worst nightmare by grineers in the entire game since a good damn while, and solely due to the insane damage that they deal (from anywhere), which is even greater than bombards and napalms. Bombard? *shrugs* Napalm? Blah. Bursa? Easeh. Scorch? *becomes pale*

I got smacked a handful of times in derelict missions (in research of kavat DNA too...) due to them. And my best option as of now to deal with them, is to play Limbo and ban them once they are recharging.

As a side note, it IS possible to get the scorch to be a bit less brutal in the damage they deal, without nerfing the player's Ignis : all it takes is a slight raise to the base level of scorches, so that they stop killing so damn instantly with their Ignis. And to be fair, it'd be even better if we consider the fact that new players really shouldn't be welcomed with such fearsome mobs.

Edited by Decondelite

• 3 weeks later...

This is still not fixed as of

Could we please get a fix for this? Or at least the reassurance that someone is working on this? Because running derelicts with Grineer is absolutely no fun when you have to mod both Flame Repellent and Rapid Resilience not to die randomly.