Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways to improve the current Prime/Fissure system

Type-8

So, i've been playing Warframe for a few hours today. Closed about a dozen fissures. And i'm already completely bored of them.

One problem is the nullifiers, which make abilities useless, but everyone already knows about that. I think a bigger problem though is the fissures themselves. Its not that they're Bad, I like the fissures i really do, but they should be something that pops up as a bonus. Maybe randomly appearing in a normal mission and giving you the opportunity to score a prime part. What they shouldn't be is the only way to get prime parts. Its way too tedious, having to spend 5 minutes running through a basic boring mission just for 1 minute of hectic fun. Also, before you used to be able to use 4 keys in a group , and end up with 8-20 rewards (or more). Now, 4 relics yield you.... 1 reward.

Also, personally my favorite missions in warframe were the endless void missions. Tearing through hoards of enemies as a group while protecting a pod in a defence mission is what made frames like Frost, Limbo, Mesa, Trinity, Ash, Vauban etc. fun to use. Now, there's little reason to run survival/defence missions anywhere near as much as before.

What there needs to be is a better way to farm for prime parts, in addition to random fissures opening. My idea is for there to be Giant Fissures, think 10-20 metres high and constantly spewing enemies out. These could pop up like the fissure alerts do now. Then, have These Fissures Themselves be the focus of the mission, rather than just a side thought. This would give you that fun of being swarmed by a fissure, without forcing you to run through boring other missions first. Make closing them the goal. Make them difficult, but make them worth it for prime farming. Perhaps at the end of these missions you get all 4 of the relic rewards from your team?

Or make some of them endless. Make use of the mission types that people already know. Like a survival mission centered around giant fissure, or a defence mission where what you are defending is a cache of relics against an open Fissure. Let teams work together to survive, and perhaps the longer you stay the more Relics you power up and get to crack open?

Basically I already miss working together as a team to farm endless void missions for prime parts. While i think the 'fissure' system is a step forward (way less grind in theory), there does need to be a more consistent way to gather prime parts. AND getting those parts should BE the point of the mission, not just slapped onto the side.

For those of you who made it through that huge bulk of text, well done. And let me know what you think. Happy to hear any critique of my idea, or other peoples thoughts on how the current system can be improved?

Edited by Type-8
Clarification

Word!
also there seems to be a bug major bug with teams and the relic system.
If you are in a team and you are selecting the void mission and the relic, the others don't get the relic selection screen. Therefore they get no prime part at the end of the mission, even though the fissure is closed.
Addionally, killing four relics to get one reward (even though, in theory, you can choose from one for each relic present) seems excessive und leaves me with the feeling that the grind only moved to a place it won't be as obvious as before.
No chance to get my clanmates with me on a high tier fissure hunt, for they will simply get nill/none/nothing if they do not have a fitting key. It's a large step away from casual gaming.

Edited by ZehPilzratte

they were talking about an honour system with the key sharing and how it was bad, so instead they replace it with a system that now i can't check if people are being honest or not i simply do not trust people in recruiting now, i have alot of prime gear so there are specific things i want all just so happen to be at the very bottom of drop tables. which means if i even have a hope of getting what i want i need to beable to check if someone is relic dodging with a S#&$ty relic that i have all the prime stuff in already and thus making them utterly useless in my prime gear hunt. This also means that say someone wants something from a specific relic but don't have it they can just use a relic they have tons of and $&*^ everyone else who are using their own relics. The whole thing is messed up, doesn't reduce RNG and increases farming especially if you solo play, they should make it that if you play it solo the drop tables get flipped cause fait is fair and for a solo player its a huge challenge already.

Exactly. No less grindy in the long run (because the grind for relics is far worse), doesn't solve the leeching problem, and is simply less enjoyable than the void missions (despite their repetition).

why don't they keep the void prime farming, AND added in the fissure's as a bonus? That would be fine, and it would keep people happy.

100% agreed, but it still doesn't solve the problem of there being no end game whatsoever (apart from the sorties). If the have decided that fissures are the way to go, then we need them to be longer and more challenging, and they need to be their own mission. They're challenging, but only for a minute or two, and only because of the nullifiers (which need a serious rework)