Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do the Sentient Enemies Adapt to a Combined Element or the Sub Elements Composing the Combined Element?

LightPillar

Question

I read the wiki and read various threads about sentient adaption but something I haven't been able to confirm is the thread title. I know they have a gate which triggers based on the level of their missing health and the damage type that was applied against them. What I want to know is if corrosive damage gets applied to them, and they adapt to it, will their resistance be to corrosive only? or will it be to the sub elements that compose the corrosive element? In this case that would be toxin + electricity.

I'm assigning different combined elements to my weapons but I just wanted to be sure of how it works. If I put toxin + cold on another weapon then it would suck if toxin was resisted because of the damage applied from the earlier corrosive attack, which has a toxin component.

Thanks for the help in clearing this up.

2 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Nicholes said:

I read the wiki and read various threads about sentient adaption but something I haven't been able to confirm is the thread title. I know they have a gate which triggers based on the level of their missing health and the damage type that was applied against them. What I want to know is if corrosive damage gets applied to them, and they adapt to it, will their resistance be to corrosive only? or will it be to the sub elements that compose the corrosive element? In this case that would be toxin + electricity.

I'm assigning different combined elements to my weapons but I just wanted to be sure of how it works. If I put toxin + cold on another weapon then it would suck if toxin was resisted because of the damage applied from the earlier corrosive attack, which has a toxin component.

Thanks for the help in clearing this up.

They adapt to the combined type only. A pure-toxin weapon won't suffer when they've adapted to Corrosive.

Conversely, a Corrosive weapon won't suffer when they adapt to Toxin.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

2 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

They adapt to the combined type only. A pure-toxin weapon won't suffer when they've adapted to Corrosive.

Conversely, a Corrosive weapon won't suffer when they adapt to Toxin.

Awesome this was the answer I was looking for. Tyvm!