Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat Farming Guide

Renathy

Question

I made a little something for those who are clueless or want a simpler and straight-forward method.

Feedback is required!

oCKh9Qx.png

P.S.: Needs a better, more appealing title. Any suggestions?

Edited by JRMC

10 answers to this question

Just now, Sangoma said:

The purrfect guide how to obtain your Kavat.

Very handy :D
(but I'm too lazy and have bought them at the Market >.>)

I would rather go through hell and high water than skip on content, but that's just me.

Glad I could be of assistance, mate. Enjoy.

Just now, JRMC said:

I would rather go through hell and high water than skip on content, but that's just me.

Glad I could be of assistance, mate. Enjoy.

I do the same, I was just too lazy to go and scan them, as there is no actual quest for that as it was for Kubrows, since I do Derelicts very rarely over all. I know that eventually I will go and scan them, even if just to breed and sell, but I am not skipping any other new content, just Kavat scanning.
Nevertheless, this guide will surely help people how to obtain them and take care of, and that is most important. :)
Cheers!

Just now, Sangoma said:

I do the same, I was just too lazy to go and scan them, as there is no actual quest for that as it was for Kubrows, since I do Derelicts very rarely over all. I know that eventually I will go and scan them, even if just to breed and sell, but I am not skipping any other new content, just Kavat scanning.
Nevertheless, this guide will surely help people how to obtain them and take care of, and that is most important. :)
Cheers!

Yeah, it's a shame there is no quest. I was hoping for one, in all honesty. - I also understand where you're coming from. Scanning Kavats has become a very tedious chore. I have scanned multiple Kavats over the course of a few hours only to have a total of four Genetic Codes.

3 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Yeah, it's a shame there is no quest. I was hoping for one, in all honesty. - I also understand where you're coming from. Scanning Kavats has become a very tedious chore. I have scanned multiple Kavats over the course of a few hours only to have a total of four Genetic Codes.

True, it would be really encouraging if there was a mini quest, but then again, it would be difficult to make something totally new, not to copy some of the Kubrow content, especially that they do not require collar as Kubrows do. Also another reason I have skipped scanning is the fact I have them scanned already, back form Inaros quest. And since I have been stacking some platinum for quite awhile just for the new update, I have decided to buy those codes for 2 Kavats, and luckily got both breeds in first try.

But I know I will go and scan them once there is some more info about them, like what colours are rare, what pattern is rare (so far it seems they have only 1 natural?), which head/ears/tails are rare. But that will take a while I guess.

11 minutes ago, Sangoma said:

True, it would be really encouraging if there was a mini quest, but then again, it would be difficult to make something totally new, not to copy some of the Kubrow content, especially that they do not require collar as Kubrows do. Also another reason I have skipped scanning is the fact I have them scanned already, back form Inaros quest. And since I have been stacking some platinum for quite awhile just for the new update, I have decided to buy those codes for 2 Kavats, and luckily got both breeds in first try.

But I know I will go and scan them once there is some more info about them, like what colours are rare, what pattern is rare (so far it seems they have only 1 natural?), which head/ears/tails are rare. But that will take a while I guess.

At the moment, there is no rare (natural )colour (unless they decided to add on later),all the colour are purchasable . They probably change the focus of rarity on rare fur pattern to ears/tails.

Thanks, but I'll stick to Oberon.  Dessicate only stuns enemies that are facing you, and when you have a whole bunch of infested, grineer, and kavats all running around and fighting each other, you'll have a hard time stunning them all, without several casts, all of which do damage to the kavats too.  You just end up with too many kavats dying before you can scan them.

With Oberon the kavats switch to your side so you can't damage them, meaning you can easily AoE down everything else before it can kill them, don't risk killing them yourself while they're jumping around, and can scan them without them attacking you.  It also means you can take a sentinel along without it shooting at them.

Edited by polarity

5 minutes ago, polarity said:

Thanks, but I'll stick to Oberon.  Dessicate only stuns enemies that are facing you, and when you have a whole bunch of infested, grineer, and kavats all running around and fighting each other, you'll have a hard time stunning them all, without several casts, all of which do damage to the kavats too.  You just end up with too many kavats dying before you can scan them.

With Oberon the kavats switch to your side so you can't damage them, meaning you can easily AoE down everything else before it can kill them, don't risk killing them yourself while they're jumping around, and can scan them without them attacking you.  It also means you can take a sentinel along without it shooting at them.

I'm thinking of adding more Warframes. Thank you for the suggestion.