Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards For Stealth Kills.

Aspari

I believe that players should be rewarded for stealth kills in some way. It's weird to have stealth weapons in the game and the ability to stealth kill in the game but there are no rewards for successfully stealth killing enemies that you can't get from simply going in guns blazing. I have a few things in mind for stealth kill rewards.

1. Double XP upon stealth kills until the alarm has been raised.

2. Increased chance of getting a rare drop mod. Not a very huge chance increase but a chance increase none the less.

3. Increased chance for the downed enemy to have credits explode from their body.

Thoughts?

i like the idea of a stealth specific mod drop from mod kills. like bonus damage to stealth attack mod or something.

i think that would be cool. but it would have to be after stealth is more fleshed out. currently its pretty bare bones all around.

I like it, although with ash's smoke bomb and loki's invisibility, it would be a walk through the park to get stealth kills.

Which would make for more solo play. but great thought!

That's because they're stealth warframes. But Loki has it slightly more difficult due to the fact that his sentinel would stay visible. If you really want to go on a stealth run, you would have to remove your sentinel -- even if it's Shade.

I like the idea, really. But when you say "stealth kill," do you mean the custom melee attack or killing an unaware enemy? If you mean the melee kill, then... well, if we get double EXP with it, then they'll more than likely level up much faster than their other two weapons. That is, if you're a competent stealth player.

That's because they're stealth warframes. But Loki has it slightly more difficult due to the fact that his sentinel would stay visible. If you really want to go on a stealth run, you would have to remove your sentinel -- even if it's Shade.

How is that a problem, exactly? Even though I do have a Sentinel, I never use it on my Loki (as it is my only warframe so far). I don't think I'm worse off for it.

I think the game should reward stealth PERIOD, myself. At the end of the mission, give us bonus credits or some other goodie for staying undetected. Could be a .1 credit for every second, starting from the first door you cross to the time they sound the alarm. Of course, that would invite players to just stand around and do absolutely nothing, but if that is what they think is fun (or if they need credits THAT badly) then more power to them.

It does leave it open to abuse. It leans heavily towards two specific frames at the potential expense of the others.

At this point of the game's development of course it'll be open to abuse. As someone above stated before, stealth is pretty barebones right now and needs more development. But for now I could appreciate a little reward for trying to play like an assassin instead of a gun toting wall running sword slashing bruiser.

I agree. I had initially assumed that by not setting off the ships alert for a while that my kills (done with both a rifle and melee) would at least give me extra mastery credit but they apparently do not.

I'd accept it if they did simply add a bonus to your mastery points.