Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty to tell where sounds come from in the 3D space

DeftGrinders

I've noticed that whne my allies shoot, it seems like there are around me when in fact they are room aheads. And also noticed that it was really hard for me to tell where sounds where coming from, inlcuding just left and right.

I can live with that, but for an action game it seems to me to be something very valuable to properly act and make decisions during combat.

Are you guys also experiencing similar problems? Could just be something in my audio settings, I'm looking at that right now...

Edited by DeftGrinders

It does happen to me sometimes. I hear people dying rooms away. I try to think of it as 'I hear what my team hears over a communicator' hahah.

Could be that the game engine just 'queues' up the sound to play and when you approach it triggers. Either way, its really a bug.

Edited by McGuffin

This is a problem, and it's not just sounds being heard from other rooms. Sounds don't come from their source, it's impossible to tell where an enemy is if it's not directly in front of you.

Possibly something to do with the environmental effects. I've noticed that when it's trying to create an echo effect the sound often gets a strange volume level. I've got no clue about the left/right thing, it bugs me too.

This is a problem, and it's not just sounds being heard from other rooms. Sounds don't come from their source, it's impossible to tell where an enemy is if it's not directly in front of you.

Yeah, that's how it felt.Could be just he Evolution Engine that doesn't yet feature 5.1 surround sounds.

Edited by DeftGrinders

I've noticed that whne my allies shoot, it seems like there are around me when in fact they are room aheads. And also noticed that it was really hard for me to tell where sounds where coming from, inlcuding just left and right.

I can live with that, but for an action game it seems to me to be something very valuable to properly act and make decisions during combat.

Are you guys also experiencing similar problems? Could just be something in my audio settings, I'm looking at that right now...

I agree, there's something really off with the positional audio.

I tend hear sounds from my left speaker. Far away sounds play up close, sounds coming from the wrong direction, not changing when i look around etc.

When I play TF2 or CS I can shoot targets with my eyes closed because the sound separation is so clear, so I know it's not my system.