Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginning Difficulty Is Too High

Jumba255

I have tried to get a couple of my friends from other games to join but soon after they join (about 2 weeks or so) they stop playing because its really tough to get what you need to go anywhere and the fact that their are only three groups/factions makes the game a boring and repetitive grind.

Please make damage mods and fusion cores more common or just increase the mount of mods that drop in levels.

e.i. instead of getting 3-6 mods per mission make them more a more common drop so the average would be around 8 or 9.

You're clearly not doing the correct missions. If you want to farm there are missions designed for it. Namely Defense and Mobile Defense. And if you're not specifically after a mod or keys, then Mobile Defense is definitely the winner as you can pull away 15+ mods and vast amounts of exp per run.

Firstly you don't need anything to go anywhere.  It's not hard at all to complete missions, I unlocked almost every mission playing solo.  The only times I went online were for defense missions, mobile defense missions, and boss fights.  As stated in comments before me, if you want mods play defense or mobile defense.  You can also play higher level missions.  Yes the game in grindy, if you don't want to grind spend money.  I don't necessarily like having to grind, it's just nice to know that you aren't being forced to spend money if you really don't want to.  The feeling of relief and accomplishment I get when I finally collect enough resources to start building a weapon or finish a room for the dojo makes the grind worth it.  

I played my first several missions solo when I started. Sure I died a few times, but I got better. I didn't find the missions difficult until I started playing online with random people, the reason for this is because we were going through the rooms faster, I was still getting the hang of maneuvers, and still didn't know the tile-sets very well. I didn't depend on mods to make things easier until I was fighting level 15+ enemies regularly. I developed my skills before getting into the middle tier enemies.

I blazed through mercury and then ended up spending my next 40+ in-game hours running around venus before going anywhere else and that was sufficiently challenging for me to start but it wasn't too difficult.

I understand that other people would get bored and fed up with spending that much time without making any linear progress in the game, but something like that won't scare people off if they're serious about playing the game.

Looking at it now, it would make sense to extend and add variety to the beginning leg of the game so that newbies don't get frightened off too easily.

Mercury in particular has a very small number of levels and introduces us to the grineer and infested. Venus is literally next door and gives us the corpus, though I still think saturn is easier.

All in all, it's a game. Some people will like it, others won't. What I do when I try to get someone into this game is go through the levels with them, letting them lead the way and helping out when they need it but I let them discover things and reveal cool maneuvers to them when it becomes handy. Since the game lacks any real tutorial, I've taken it upon myself to teach the fundamentals to  new players. And my skills have improved as a result. Try not to let them worry about anything but getting a hang of the game first; once they become self-sufficient then you can show them the deeper aspects.

You're clearly not doing the correct missions. If you want to farm there are missions designed for it. Namely Defense and Mobile Defense. And if you're not specifically after a mod or keys, then Mobile Defense is definitely the winner as you can pull away 15+ mods and vast amounts of exp per run.

He's saying his friends are the one leaving cuz they cant find that stuff when they start out and the game doesnt tell them what to do really. A lot of warframe is sadly "learn as you go"

He's saying his friends are the one leaving cuz they cant find that stuff when they start out and the game doesnt tell them what to do really. A lot of warframe is sadly "learn as you go"

The game is also not complete. The tutorial and in-game knowledge base are simply features which haven't been developed yet.

The game is also not complete. The tutorial and in-game knowledge base are simply features which haven't been developed yet.

Im aware, but I guess I could see what he's saying regardless. Maybe if DE gave newbie accounts some basic mod cards they could use with their stuff, like serration, or elemental damage, or reload speed or fire rate, and then also included a tutorial showing them how it works and how to fuse stuff and equip it onto guns.

What I dont understand is the foundry tutorial... it doesnt teach you much of anything and theres no button to make Lotus shut up. [my apologies Rebecca[ I remember when I clicked it I instantly regretted it. I was like "OMG... I understand the concept already, your not teaching me anything actually, please go away and stop stun locking my UI, argh GO AWAY, SHUTUP YOU!"