Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catscans

Oates_

Near as I can tell, the system is working as intended. 1 kavat dna in 30 scans. (I took pictures, but wasn't bothered enough to post them here.) That's a 3.34% rate for a sizable time investment to the task. My farming method probably isn't as fast as most people, since a duration radial blind build would probably work fastest. I used atlas with Ore Gaze so that I could at least get extra rolls for mods while I farmed scans. I don't think that it is broken, 3.34% is small, but it is a rate. Maybe I just got unlucky and I'm in a minority, but that's the biggest problem with RNG. I'm not guaranteed to have any drops. With as many people as play the game and roll the hypothetical dice, you guarantee that someone will have a bad time. While you also guarantee that someone will have a good time, and that most will have an average time, the idea is to let everyone have at least an average time so that you don't fatigue individuals. I don't really want a higher drop rate, I want a baseline rate. A guarantee that after x number of times you will get at least 1. The intent is to chop off the low end of the bell curve. Thank you for your time.

I think something in the 8%-10% range would be perfect, honestly. I've scanned quite a lot of cats (probably around the same number as you. Been running a lot of OD) and have gotten exactly 1 DNA sample, but haven't played since the patch earlier, so I couldn't say if that has gone up any (pretty sure it's around 6% now IIRC). It would guarantee drops within a reasonable amount of work, but it would also be enough that people can't be lucky enough to get them in short enough order to avoid the grind almost entirely.