Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Tweak Request

Fluitaire

Hi, I would like to request a couple of sentinel tweaks if you would oblige me.

First, I would like to see a character roll shake off the leeches from my sentinel. I've seen my sentinel block them for me and have its health drained without me being able to do anything for it and it annoys me.

Second, when crouching I would like to see the sentinel drop lower more to the floor. (possibly a toggle for those that might want some cover fire from it.) I have taken cover behind low cover only to watch my sentinel get blown up because it was sticking out over my head. Usually I was wanting for some shields so new cover wasn't really an option.

Third, I'd like a UI change under our health bar denoting the health and shields of our sentinels. I like my sentinel because he recharges my shields when I go on a suicidal charge against enemies with my Orthos. It cant do that if its dead. Since it tends to draw some enemy fire for me, being able to see its condition in battle is important. (If you put your back to the wall and look up at the right angle its a way to see its HP, but not helpful in a tower 3 raid with 5 corrupted heavy gunners after you.)

Fourth and final request, on abilities like Crowd Dispersion, might we add a fifth skill slot for those skills that have an effectiveness based on WHEN they are used? A stun against an enemy around a corner is fine, but not when that corner is 10 seconds of running away.

I have the feeling when high level missions become a common thing and not a once in a while key thing, sentinels will be more key, and I think these tweaks will help us keep our trusty robotic murder machines alive.

I'm not sure what you mean by the fourth request. Sentinels precepts are already prioritized from top left (first), top right, bottom left, bottom right (last).

They also don't need to be placed in the precept slots. Sanctuary works as a precept (even though it's a D polarity) effectively giving you 5 skills already.

With the example you give and how you say it matters WHEN they are used... sounds like the only solution that isn't already in the game is adding a command to activate the precept. On the other hand if you find wyrm is using his stun ability too far away, it may be time to start using a less leveled stun skill as I'm fairly sure leveling it increases the maximum targeting distance.

I also agree with the first request, but im 99% sure they don't lose HP from Leeches, just shields. Regardless it's annoying to have to wait out for the leeches to fall off.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Hmmm, with the fourth request, a larger range stun activated at the right time in the middle of a group rather than on the edges, would give you time to get away or kill some of the enemies. I hope that sentence explains why a higher level stun would be useful, especially if it could be timed when you want it to rather than when it detects one enemy in range. I don't think a skill should be less useful as it gets higher leveled. With the Crowd Dispersion example increasing the range (I think) does this. I don't think stunning a target thats behind a corner 5 seconds away is worth it if the stun is 2 seconds long (I don't know how long the stun is to be honest.) Also, I'm sure the other sentinels might have skills you would rather it not activate when it does, or maybe to activate early. My idea was for 1 extra skill slot (say the 5 key) which activates the one precept that you have in its slot, or the designated ability, set by the devs with each sentinel.

Edited by Fluitaire

I would like to add one. Warframe abilities that make me invisible should make my sentinel invisible, too. As it is, it's either pointless (I'm trying to be stealthy and my Shade alerts the guards, anyway, because it's too far away to activate), or it exposes my sentinel to way too much danger (I'm not getting shot at, but my sentinel, especially with lower-level sentinels, could easily die).

Since attacking from these abilities doesn't break invisibility, I don't see why it'd be a balance issue.

1-3 are not just yes but HELL YES.

4 could be interesting, especially since it opens up a few other possible abilities sentinels could have (various buffs, Sanctuary being an active you can do in an emergency, etc). I'd say hold off on adding it till there's actually enough mods to fill the sentinel's mod slots (10 slots, only 9 total different sent mods (2 specific abilities, Guard Regen Sanc Vit Armor Deflect Redirect) to my knowledge)

Oh and yeah I'd also like for health orbs to be able to "overflow" heal your sentinel.