Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Prime Not Gaining Mod Slots

Roughdragon

Question

I recently got the Lex Prime, and my mastery rank is 10, which added 10 mod slots. I installed a catalyst, and now I have 20 unranked. I have leveled it up to 10, however I am not gaining any more mod points so that I can install more mods on the weapon. Help?

2 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Roughdragon said:

I recently got the Lex Prime, and my mastery rank is 10, which added 10 mod slots. I installed a catalyst, and now I have 20 unranked. I have leveled it up to 10, however I am not gaining any more mod points so that I can install more mods on the weapon. Help?

This is because now, your weapons/frames will start with mod points equal to your  MR (x2 if you have a potato installed) and it won't gain more until you've passed the threshold for what you started with unranked. Example, my MR is 15, so my Sancti Tigris will have 30 points unranked. I won't gain any slots until after I hit rank 15 with it because it already gave me those points in advance.

This was added in the latest update if I recall correctly so when you forma weapons and frames, you don't start off god awful. You have a little wiggle room to put in mods at the start.

Edited by (PS4)Sin-Kytori
Expanding a bit.