The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough With The Rolling On Every Sprint Jump

DeadlyNerd

There's a point at which even such a small inconvenience becomes pretty annoying.

Raise the height requirement of a jump for the character to roll upon landing. 

Edo era ninjas didn't roll when they jumped during a sprint. It just doesn't make sense that someone equipped with an exoskeleton suit needs to roll after every sprint jump.

I have been bothered by this issue since my first day playing warframe. This seriously needs to be adjusted. Especially when, at low framerates, it decides that instead of jumping when I press jump, it's going to instantaneously land (and therefore roll) instead. Has led to many falls and problems.

There is one section of the Grineer Asteroid base tileset with some kind of cargo boxes forming a makeshift bridge, run across that and roll three times, each time for a drop of about 1 foot!!

Seriously needs to increase the trigger height.

Or even, an option for automatic rolling or not, if the option is non-automatic you can still manually trigger one with the roll key to keep up momentum or not as the situation demands.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Talking like everything you know about Edo era ninjas are true.

Sprinters in the obstacles race, in athletics, do consecutive sprint jumps without rolling. It's safe to say ninjas were more than capable of that.

Review the threads on animation cancel techniques. You may find something to help you.

I know, doing a kick jump and holding it till you fall overrides rolling, but that's kind of an exploit because obviously in normal circumstances the character would roll.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Sprinters in the obstacles race, in athletics, do consecutive sprint jumps without rolling. It's safe to say ninjas were more than capable of that.

If ninjas truly did exist. And if they did how would you know what they did. If there is anything known about ninjas to non-ninjas it would not be considered ninja.

I think you should argue form a game mechanics standpoint rather than trying to argue "These people don't do that."

A rogue couldn't really cloak, and teleport but that doesn't stop Cryptic Studios from giving these abilities to rogues in Neverwinter Online.

If ninjas truly did exist. And if they did how would you know what they did. If there is anything known about ninjas to non-ninjas it would not be considered ninja.

I think you should argue form a game mechanics standpoint rather than trying to argue "These people don't do that."

A rogue couldn't really cloak, and teleport but that doesn't stop Cryptic Studios from giving these abilities to rogues in Neverwinter Online.

Um, you do realize that there are countless depictions of ninjas throughout the japanese and foreign media, both animated and filmed.

Your argument is that something isn't possible just cause you haven't seen it happen. You christian by any chance?

DeadlyNerd, on 21 Jun 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

Um, you do realize that there are countless depictions of ninjas throughout the japanese and foreign media, both animated and filmed.

Your argument is that something isn't possible just cause you haven't seen it happen. You christian by any chance?

Just to warn you; Religion is a topic that should not be discussed on these forums.

Anyways. I've read about ninjas, and there is speculation that ninjas were nothing more than "Boogie men" fathomed to scare kids into being obedient children. This is not an assertion that this is true.

Also the art of shinobi at the core is to be unknown. So you as a non-ninja to say you know anything about the ninja is to make that thing you claim to know to be ninja not ninja.