Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do i do in this Game?

Shampou

Question

Greetings Forum,

Warframe is amazingly fun to play ... but here is the issue...
Last time i played this game was when mesa got its release, so its been awhile, but even back then i didnt really know what i should do in this game. all i did was farming for some mods for a
guide i found online, trying out some weapons and leveling(or ranking?) up.

ive never really understood what the endgame is like and what i have to do for it ... sooo when i logged in yesterday for the first time in quite awhile i was a bit overwhelmed with all the new additions ... jet-pack-space-missions? a bunch of new warframes... void rifts ... ive read something about a raid ... new mods and new weapons ...
well now:

what the hell do i do with that information? what am i supposed to do in this game?

please warframe veterans help me out, ja?

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Shampou said:

Greetings Forum,

Last time i played this game was when mesa got its release, so its been awhile, but even back then i didnt really know what i should do in this game. all i did was farming for some mods for a

ive never really understood what the endgame is like and what i have to do for it ... sooo when i logged in yesterday for the first time in quite awhile i was a bit overwhelmed with all the new additions ... jet-pack-space-missions? a bunch of new warframes... void rifts ... ive read something about a raid ... new mods and new weapons ...
well now:

what the hell do i do with that information? what am i supposed to do in this game?

Hey, you last played when I joined, haha. Well, the biggest change is the new Void, there's a whole different mechanic for getting Prime parts which I won't go into. But basically, there's no one specific thing you have to try. You can try out Archwing (space missions), or Conclave (PVP), or just get more warframes and weapons.

Oh, actually, be sure to complete the Natah and Second Dream quests at least. Those are important parts of a developing storyline.

As a quick ingame guide you can check the new junction nodes, those have a list of tasks you need to complete in order to unlock new planets, when completed you enter the junction and fight the guardian, then you can proceed to the next planet. Yes there are raids (8 player missions with enemies in the 100s lvl), one in earth and the other in eris; you need special keys to do those, the blueprints are in the market. You can run one of each one (either regular or nightmare) once every 24hs. Im not sure since i havent played those since the new starchart, but you might need to complete the planet in order to access them

18 minutes ago, Shampou said:

Greetings Forum,

well now:

Go to Uranus, Complete the "Natah" Quest. Follow that up with the "Second Dream" quest. 

After that, from a story perspective, you'll have caught up with everybody else who are waiting for the "War Within" quest coming in the next update.

All the other stuff can be done at your leisure, but if you want to get up to speed in time for the next update, i would do those (assuming you haven't already done them - Mesa was a long while back).

19 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

Hey, you last played when I joined, haha. Well, the biggest change is the new Void, there's a whole different mechanic for getting Prime parts which I won't go into. But basically, there's no one specific thing you have to try. You can try out Archwing (space missions), or Conclave (PVP), or just get more warframes and weapons.

Oh, actually, be sure to complete the Natah and Second Dream quests at least. Those are important parts of a developing storyline.

ok so its basically ... i look for something i like and try to get it, especially prime stuff? and those quests ofc.

just one last question .. what kinda missions should i do when i have the gear i want? what is my goal then?

ty for your help.

Mods.

The forums usually talk about frames and weapons and then new players get confused when they rush some mid or high tier weapon or an OP frame and don't suddenly pwn everything with it. Your strength comes from your mods. I know these are dangerous times for saying this but... you gotta collect 'em all... and max them all. The search for mods will take you all over the place and through all mission types. Everything else will fall into place.

Max Thief's Wit early and keep it on your frame. It's cheap to max, easy to find, cheap to equip and will make dropped mods glow bright yellow right through walls, plus show up on your minimap so you don't miss any.

Edited by VKhaun

1 hour ago, Shampou said:

Greetings Forum,

well now:

1. Unlock all planet junctions.
  2. Do all the story quest (and get stuff)
  3. Unlock all warframes
  4. Get all primes.
  5. Dress Nekros in pink pyjama.

1) Old time players are also having problems what to do in this game after the Specters of the Rail update

2) Before the update we used to farm Prime Stuff in the void, see how long we can go in t4 solo and boast to out friends etc.

3) Daily quests such as sorties, raids

4) Farm for Plat for no apparent reason

5) Buy all cosmetics known to man and end up regretting it

6) Warframes true end-game is FASHION FRAME, where you make sure all the plebs in the relay will have to bask on your warframe and feel bad about their crappy colors as you wait for Baro to arrive. (tbh I think I spent more time playing space ninja dress up in recent days)