The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Concept: Oscillator

(XBOX)DerangedMime00

Mulled this idea together for a Corpus designed secondary that would be neat to see in game. Oscillator is a hybrid combination of the Glaxion and Amprex utilizing the tech to create a more portable design which fires  a super-conducted projectile through sub-zero temperatures capable of devastating any enemy hit within its sights due to its extremely fast flight speed and innate Cold Damage proc. Plus the weapon is considered completely silent since it does not use ballistic force and its elongated barrel sports a unique silencer design. However it does require a charge time yet while it charges it yet creates an energy beam whilist charging that deals a small amount of cold damage to any enemy within range of the charging beams sights; similiar to the Glaxions charge type. When fully charged it releases an electrified/chilled projectile that shatters on impact causing more damage via its innate Cold/Electric damage proc. Reloading the weapon replaces the front silencer barrel for an added touch of epic. As always post your thoughts below and be gentle with my failure at Stats:

Stats: Base Damage: 110 Critical: 10 Status: 40 Reload: 1.1 Clip: 10 Accuracy Charge Time: 6-8 Seconds at Base Accuracy: 95 Unique Characteristics: Innate Cold and Electric damage that procs on projectile hit only. Other status effects are applied to the charging beam during recharge time creating a "rainbow flame-thrower" effect.  Completely silent and a superb choice for spy/sabotage missions.

e2b69262b1b62235d3f2f20a82d61915.jpg

ionbeamguns7.png

Second image is how the weapon is reloaded. Upon depletion of ammo the Front barrel/clip is removed each time. Rough concept of how I see this thing being built through amplified tech. :)

Gun that shoots ice bullets "extremely fast", but are subsonic since you don't want them being noisy by breaking the sound barrier...

Eh, I'd go with a more active gimmick. Like, the gun has 100% freeze on headshots or something, as if you freeze their brains. Bullets leave a..."freeze trail" that hurts enemies if they cross into it.

I don't know, sounds interesting since we don't have an icecube gun yet

Edited by MechaTails