Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Triggers For Stalker

FriedAlbacore

Hey guys, I was pondering on other possible triggers to make the Stalker come after players.

My first and foremost, was faction specific kill counts.  Example: While players are farming in specific levels, they tend to rack up more kills than the usual speed runs.  If one stayed in a mission longer and got a specific number of kills (200?), the Stalker would have a chance of spawning in the next couple of missions.  Not sure how this would work out, but it does kind of fall into the idea DE had for their original concept of the game.  Another possible variant of this would be a chain of kills throughout several missions, as long as they keep killing enemies of that same faction.

Another idea I had was sabotage missions.  Lets say a player has destroyed the reactor of five corpus ships, it would trigger a chance for the Stalker to appear for them. 

This is all I've come up with at the moment.  Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Personally Id like to have a way I can hire the stalker to kill me >.> I buy an item, lets say a Stalker IPhone. And I call em up, and say "If you can beat me, I'll pay you these amount of credits. Feeling lucky? Punk." Either that or maybe a huge spotlight called "The Stalker Signal".

Probably wont ever happen though, so instead, yes we need this mysterious man to show up more so I can have his Despair!

In other related business, you might be interested in this idea I had for stalker oriented missions, inspired by the PS4 trailer.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64360-stalker-suggestions-inspired-by-the-new-ps4-trailer/

Its much more of a serious suggestion than the phone or spotlight.

Hmm...then I'll wonder what the Stalker will say to you now.(The Texts)

"Why...did you kill 200 infested!?" "You're gonna pay!"

"Why'd you sabotage CORPUS?!" "DIE TENNO!"

NPC texts can easily be changed to fit the situation lol.  Like "You have caused the Corpus enough trouble, I shall end your reign of tyranny on them!!" lmao IDK, it was just some thoughts I had.  You know, like getting a bounty on your head doesn't always require killing VIP's.  That's all.  Funny texts though Mudriski

It could work, though I'd like the stalker aspects to be more interesting, rather than a punish you for being forced to farm bosses for warframes.  Or try and kill you for bosses you havent even yet killed, in sectors you havent even done a mission in.

Something akin to if you kill a boss add a sub exterminate where if you kill everything it greatly reduces the chances to spawn the stalker seeking you out, however if you leave enemies in the near vicinity watching you/ just rush out killing little after that it increases the chances to spawn the stalker.

Or something simpler being you get X percent chance when you kill a boss to spawn the stalker in another mission, but for every kill after (prehaps even before) the boss kill within that mission it can decrease the odds.  So for those that want to farm the stalker a good move could be to run in kill the boss and leave, killing little else in the mission, while those that dont want to see the stalker should kill just about everything that crosses their path.

Great feedback guys, albeit not very serious lol.  My intentions here were to not only increase the frequency of Stalker contracts, but also to add new consequences to the game, as I feel there isn't much in terms of headhunters or bounty collectors.  Maybe the direction I should have gone would have been more types of bounty hunters.  Lets say each faction has an Avenger of sorts to dish out their form of justice or vengeance upon the Tenno.  This would not only add new sub-bosses, but also different sets of weapons unique to each faction to reward the player with upon defeating said bounty hunter.  I know that a lot of us (myself included) are very anxious for end game content.  I feel this would add another depth to the game.  I do like the Stalker idea, and personally would like to have more of these types of enemies in the game.  It makes killing more enemies worth it and I feel fits right in with the whole game.  Another thought would be rare alert missions where the Lotus has gathered intel on the Stalker and has found his HQ, sending in a team of Tenno to eradicate this threat.  More feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I think just increasing the frequency of stalker is not a good idea. Instead, I like the ideas you propose that would enable players to provoke him (or them, good point),

However, the actions that increase the chance of appearance should be specific, so that only people willing to meet Stalker would do them. An example would be optional secondary objectives during any type of mission.

After finishing a mission, the Lotus would inform you that unexpected files were found in the data collected (just an example). Incomplete data about faction leaders, or something. Then you would have the choice to leave, or stay in the ship and search for more (like in 5th, 10th,... defense waves). If you stay, you have a chance to find an object related to the stalker (a part of his story / a blueprint of equipment ?) but he gets aware that you are looking for him.

As a variant, you could get an extermination-like objective, but if you leave one and only one enemy then he will tell others of his kind how devastating you are. Which would increase their hatred.

Of note, Loswaith's ideas would work too.

But the most important, to me, is to leave the basic probability of Stalker appearance as it is now. Players could increase it by their actions, but only if they want to. And they wouldn't be frustrated if they didn't want to.