Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Online Options (Online/Private/Solo)

Jasonjlx

Our current options in Warframe are to set ourselves online, private, or solo. I ran into an issue where I wanted to play online for others to join, however I wanted to host the mission myself. I ran into an issue here because the jackal zone had like 4 squad icons on it. Everytime I clicked the zone, it would eventually just load me into one of their games.

Would be nice if we had maybe an Online Host option. So I could keep the game open for others but have it so it sets me as a host right away and won't join me into a game in progress. Unless I'm missing something and this is already possible?

i agree with you since i would rather host my own room insted of getting into some room where the host is from AUS or something far away from where im liveing and enemies teleport around, doors not opening, getting insta killed and so on

Or they could allow you to change your settings in game.

IE; Set yourself to Solo, or Private, launch the mission then change mid mission to Online(Or private). Or from Online to Private.

Though, anyone who was already in when switching from online would be left in.

I would also like the ability to kick players. I've had a few times where I joined a game only to find the one other person is AFK and I'm at a door that takes 2 to open.

Agreed, so bump.

Even if not. The mechanics of when the "play now" option becomes available and why should be more see-through. As it stands now I can sometimes wait for half an hour on an empty mission and still not get it but on missions with 2 already plaing squads I get it after ten seconds.

I get the feeling the map overview is lagging behind by about 2 minutes or so. Sometimes I see a squad in mission X, get the "play now" option after thirty seconds attempting, close the session, reselect the same system and suddenly the squad is gone.

How does the game determine when the option gets made available?

edit: I know I can just solo. But I like other people joining me mid-mission. It's a sort-of-MMO and I don't feel right cutting other people off from playing together.

Edited by Indrome

Our current options in Warframe are to set ourselves online, private, or solo. I ran into an issue where I wanted to play online for others to join, however I wanted to host the mission myself. I ran into an issue here because the jackal zone had like 4 squad icons on it. Everytime I clicked the zone, it would eventually just load me into one of their games.

Would be nice if we had maybe an Online Host option. So I could keep the game open for others but have it so it sets me as a host right away and won't join me into a game in progress. Unless I'm missing something and this is already possible?

I have the exact opposite problem: I always want others to host the game because there tend to be many lags for others if I host them.

The problem: If there is noone doing a mission I'd want to play, my only option is to wait and see, because if I'm the first to queue up for it I will automatically be the host.

It would be nice if it was possible to choose if you want to host a game or not.