Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Man's Sky - Epic or Empty?

(PSN)F1REBLADE-69

Is this game going to be epic based on information from developer?

Or is it a vast universe in which you will, according to developer interview, virtually never meet another player and will be bored most of the time?

I think the latter based on the interview I read with the BBC, and I was looking forward to it to. If Ai controlled pirates etc are not a main feature I reckon this game could be a lead balloon, which would be a shame.

Has anyone been part of a Beta or had hands-on?

Edited by (PS4)F1REBLADE-69
Add question mark.

Hoping exploration is interesting and rewarding.

One thing I've liked in space games like Stellaris or SOASE for example, was exploring as much as possible and finding anomalies. Always wanted more and more. If NMS can cover than angle with enough depth, I'll be happy, also provided everything else isn't completely void of atmosphere and activity. 

I think the various videos make it look interesting, but not exciting. It sort of looks serene and the washed out graphics on planets are subtle and give the impression of a gentle stroll through the universe.

I wonder if the original idea was to make the planets and their beasts and sentient beings really diverse but in a universe that reflects our own in terms of vastness. That means there might not be enough close together.

Most sci-fi gets around this using hyper-drive / warp-drive tech - this will be build-able but something not readily available as far as I have gleaned from the info available. 

Anyone know:  If a planet you make your mark on is left behind and then disappears as it is proceduraly  generated (which is what happens I believe) what happens if you go back to that planet - what does the player discover?

I have never played Spore but the fact that it came and went very quickly seems an indication of the quality being duff.

Another game with promise that could have been good was the Syndicate re-make. But that sucked. 

And finally - from all the reviews I have read another is ME: Catalyst. My son wanted it but he can wait until it's real cheap.

It is the user reviews I am really interested in with NMS. After a month if the price begins to drop and reviews aren't good then it is likely I will pass. The main thing will be how empty they make space. If overly realistic in that regard it could be a real bore.

I would like to see a plant like the one from Pitch Black where he is marooned. That would be deadly.

Edited by (PS4)F1REBLADE-69
Add comment.