Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is getting to "level" 2 such a grind? (And on naming ranks/levels)

Akimbo

So getting to level 2, with the way "xp" for levelling works on ranking up items, is a horrific grind if you don't want to waste credits on level 0 items. What's up with this system? Any tips to avoid the grind? Bearing in mind I have to play solo since the match making / friend system is broken and I can't ever see any friends online.

Also clarification between RANKS and LEVELS really needs to be sorted out. Items require LEVEL X, but the game refers to your level as a RANK. Worlds have a LEVEL requirement, but they really mean RANKS. Just something I think should be cleared up.

i found level 2 rather easy, at that point in game i didn't even know how to level up rank so i just played with the weapons/warframes i wanted and lvled them to 30 then all of a sudden i was rank 3.

But i know where you're geting from since i allso find it abit stupid that i have to buy weapons/warframes and then rank them up to 30 just to sell them and do the same thing again so that i can become rank 4. it would be better if it was some separate thing your exp went to that just went on without you needing to buy new weapons over and over.

example: Rank takes a certain amount of exp earned in that game you just played.

Edited by Zerenity

i found level 2 rather easy, at that point in game i didn't even know how to level up rank so i just played with the weapons/warframes i wanted and lvled them to 30 then all of a sudden i was rank 3.

But i know where you're geting from since i allso find it abit stupid that i have to buy weapons/warframes and then rank them up to 30 just to sell them and do the same thing again so that i can become rank 4. it would be better if it was some separate thing your exp went to that just went on without you needing to buy new weapons over and over.

example: Rank takes a certain amount of exp earned in that game you just played.

I think that the ammount of rank exp we giwen should be geather than it is now. As we given new ingame content such as weapons and warframes it should slowly decrease.

Edited by kernel_mode

You can get 100 LVl xp for sucess the Bonus "mission" within a mission like 20 Pistol Kills.

I forgot how much it was to get to lvl 2 but its 20,000 to get from 3-4 and im almost done.

You can stay with your normal gear at least i do. i tested a few weapons until i found the right in each slot they´re all caped now. so i just get xp by mission and warframe rank.

So you´re not forcesd to sell and buy weapons all the time. This LVL thing should be on the long term and not done within a week kind of ranking/lvling up

I'm playing this game for few days and still can't figure the difference between level and rank.

and how upgrades really upgrade weapons/skill. Just simple numbers. Damage was 37 = now it's 45 etc.

Level is Accout overall

Rank is for each signle Warframe/Weapon itself

Damage is for example 30 you Ranke it up with a Weapon skill point so now 30 + 2 = 32

If you now rank damage up aagain +2 its 34 even if the Box withe the skiled poit itself again says damage +2 (32) they stack.

Same for mods like +10% damage its 30 +3% that 33

so over all you have now 37 damage (2 normal skill points put in to damage each +2 and one mod +3)

If you now put in a secound mod with 20% more damage it meant to be 20% of the ground based Damage (30)

so a plus of 6

so over all damage is than 43

hope i eplained it understandable im not that good in english

Edited by Knastcore