The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Graphical Freeze For Seemingly No Reason

HSLegacy

I had posted something similar to this in the Missions Bugs forum, but seeing as this occurs outside of missions, too, now, I think it wise to post here instead.

So I play the game like normal, then out of nowhere, my entire display just freeze-frames. Using 'Alt+Tab' to switch off of Warframe only causes my cursor to display. Opening Task Manager brings back my desktop screen with my windows open, but I can't interact with any window aside from Task Manager. It stays like that until I manually kill the game. When the game is in the foreground (before attempting to Alt+Tab away or Task Manager away), the game's audio is fully functional. I can pause/unpause and hear everything just fine. I can use my attacks, hear what's around me, and everything like that. I just can't see anything aside from the freeze-frame. Through practice, I have learned how to leave missions without being able to see the pause menu. When attempting to leave the mission, it gets stuck on the loading screen where it attempts to load my ship (still can't see, but I can hear. Loading usually takes 5-10 seconds. 5 minutes means it isn't actually loading.).

I have heard that some bugs are hardware-related, so just in case, I have a Core i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz, a GTX 750ti (MSI Afterburner edition), and 16 gigs of DDR3. Let me know if anything else is needed to help diagnose the issue. I want to upgrade my CPU and GPU regardless.

I've lost a great deal of loot, resources, and mod drops because I can't complete missions sometimes. I really want a solid answer. (I should note that it's not a full-blown crash, so it doesn't produce a crash report. Unless someone has instructions for opening the Warframe console to watch the logs, I can't check that for errors.)