Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions Regarding Weapon/Warfram Rank

_Rue_

I have a couple of questions regarding this.

1) If your weapon/frame isn't supercharge, will it still rach level 30?

2) If you have a rnk 12 Lato and sell it, ill start at rank 1 if you purchase another Lato?

3) Why does my sidearm gain exp even if I do not us it? (sometimes)

4) How do Weapons Gain ranks? Damage? Kills? What about Warframes? Skills?

1) You can still reach level 30. But you will only have 15 upgrade nodes available, meaning you'll have points to spend, but nothing to spend them on.

2) If you sell a weapon, and buy a new one, it will start unranked.

3) If you have it in your hand it will gain radial affinity(Term I've heard used) which comes from people in your game killing things/doing damage)

4) This one is a bit trickier. First part; Weapons gain ranks by, hitting enemies, or being in your hand when other people in your game kill enemies.

Weapons gain damage from the upgrade nodes and mods.

I'm not exactly certain how warframes gain ranks. I would think it's from using abilities, taking damage, and recovering from damage. Warframes also get a smaller amount of experience from radial affinity, just like weapons do, only they get less. Warframes get more skills by unlocking them in the upgrade tree.

Hope that all makes sense and answers your questions. Though if someone knows more about how warframes gain ranks, I'd like to know about it.

EDIT: A couple of new posts where made before I posted this. They seem extremely lacking in any sort of detail.

Edited by Blevins

EDIT: A couple of new posts where made before I posted this. They seem extremely lacking in any sort of detail.

maybe lacking in detail but we answered his question you just went overboard

*the simplest explaination is usually the right one*

William of Ockham

That's like me asking "How does a car work?" and you answering "You get in and drive it around"

Technically true, but not really an answer to the question. Though, you're right, the first two where simple yes/no answers.

However, #3 A weapon has to be out to gain the radial affinity bonus. This was being discussed last night.

By out, I mean in your hand, not on your holster, or your back.

Simple doesn't cut it for a complex question. #4 was actually 5 questions asked as one.