Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Information Broker... Killing 2 Birds With One Stone!

Venarge

Since DE is working hard on stuff like less RNG and better material drops, I had my own little idea about those two things

and came up with an idea, that could solve both problems.

What about some kind of information broker that allows you special missions.

With mastery rank 3, you would receive a message from an unknown person, telling you, that he could

bring you informations about things you are looking for, in exchange for your credits.

You now get a list where you can mark one thing you are looking for. All sorts of materials / BP parts.

Right after your pick, he makes you different offers for the thing you are looking for. if you are looking for a BP part, you get 3 different missions for example. You can choose the one that suits you most and then, he is going to make a price for it. 30k or whatever. If you choose a material, you would get missions that have different amounts of mats in it. 500/1000/1500 (depending on what kind of material you are looking for.) Higher mat amounts will also cost more credits.

When you paid the broker, the mission will pop up in your alert mission menu.

Those missions would be extremely hard and only soloable. This would prevent stuff like everyone would have everything after 3 runs with his friends whatever.

The information broker would appear once a day. You can make him appear more often with platinum.

Awesome idea specially that it's only once per day (without plat ofc). I would suggest that you can do those missions with friends and change that only you will get the reward for it.

This sounds like the alert system with more choices for people with platinums and credits.

Well after playing a while everyone has credits a lot more that they can use. This could be good way to get rid of some creds and also prevent some frustration like me when I farmed parts for Ash (multiple helmets and chassis, but took around 40 rounds to get systems).

Edited by Kossuranta

I like the general idea, but there should be a limit to what you can choose. maybe even have it be random with 5 choices you can pick from per day. (I´m thinking about stuff like Vauban and Glaive not being obsolete in the plat shop.) you can´t expect your informant to be all knowing can you? 
now with the random 5 choices, 2 would always be resources 1 always an artifact and the last 2 being able to be everything else and instead of plat buying you more runs it would buy you a re-roll on the random giving you 5 new things for maybe 10-20 plat. I know that seems like a gamble but considering you have a shot at some really rather rare stuff I think it´s fair. 

I specially like the idea of them being harder than normal and solo only so you have to work for it.

just my 2 cents

This is actually a very good idea.  It kills three birds with one stone:

A) current alert system as it is is terrible

B) Steve and Scott have said they are looking into rewards for mastery ranks

C) We would get another credit sink (in my experience, I always run out of fusion cores and I've been sitting on 1 million credits ever since Update 8)

When you say BP parts though, I assume you're talking about Vauban specifically?  For all the other frames, the BP drops are fine where they are IMO. 

Im really happy that people like this idea.

Awesome idea specially that it's only once per day (without plat ofc). I would suggest that you can do those missions with friends and change that only you will get the reward for it.

Sounds fine. But would take away the difficulty from this kind of mission in my OP ^^

thanks for your opinion mate

I like the general idea, but there should be a limit to what you can choose. maybe even have it be random with 5 choices you can pick from per day. (I´m thinking about stuff like Vauban and Glaive not being obsolete in the plat shop.) you can´t expect your informant to be all knowing can you? 
now with the random 5 choices, 2 would always be resources 1 always an artifact and the last 2 being able to be everything else and instead of plat buying you more runs it would buy you a re-roll on the random giving you 5 new things for maybe 10-20 plat. I know that seems like a gamble but considering you have a shot at some really rather rare stuff I think it´s fair. 

I specially like the idea of them being harder than normal and solo only so you have to work for it.

just my 2 cents

Random choices. Hmm. Too much RNG in my OP xD I wouldnt restrict it to the special Frames. I mean. People do 40 runs in a row and never saw ash´s system for example. Something like this can frustrate people ^^ I would simply add every frame part into this :D

Without stuff like stalker weapons/ Void weapons and maybe the glaive ^^

Thank you for your thoughts about this =)

Edited by Venarge

I think if it is to be done coop, each player has to pay or the friends who join the host have a 1/4-1/10 chance to get "information"

maybe each friend who comes, charges host a extra 1/3 cash. so people really work together to get places.

Edited by KoP123

I also like this idea, seems fair and balanced, but I doubt DE would like making farming easier than it currenty is. Though I do very much approve more uses for credits.

It could even be used with the idea they mentioned on the livestream, a special computer at your clan base that spit out special alert missions.

Edited by unmog

Yes please. Imagine having another little voice in your head when you get on the main screen where Lotus usually bothers you. One with a bit of a sinister edge to him, maybe some wily charm, saying he's wormed into the comms and stuff and he's offering to help with a price. Maybe a bit tropey but as if the game hasn't ticked most of the boxes already. In for a penny.

Yes please. Imagine having another little voice in your head when you get on the main screen where Lotus usually bothers you. One with a bit of a sinister edge to him, maybe some wily charm, saying he's wormed into the comms and stuff and he's offering to help with a price. Maybe a bit tropey but as if the game hasn't ticked most of the boxes already. In for a penny.

I like the voices in my head, these voices are always nice to each other, they have some strange ideas together but it's always fun :3

Heh, got me thinking of the RE4 merchant. "Hello Strangah... what're ya buyin'? What're ya sellin?"

Those missions would be extremely hard and only soloable.

Sounds pretty interesting. that particular line caught my eye... The game SHOULD have different ways and more efficient ways for farming, and keeping it solo sounds like the kind of variation we need.

Obviously there is a lot of thought and tuning needed for such a feature, but anything similar to this could be very helpful.

Seriously?  Did anyone here actually watch the Livestream?  Because they said they were already considering such a feature.  It will be a special room inside of the Dojo.

If you would watch the livestream again, you would see that this special room they talked about, gives you the possibility for special clan missions.

my idea has nothing to do with clans. Sure, the mat thing would support clans, but my idea is something outside the clan room stuff.....

It could even be used with the idea they mentioned on the livestream, a special computer at your clan base that spit out special alert missions.

Seriously?  Did anyone here actually watch the Livestream?  Because they said they were already considering such a feature.  It will be a special room inside of the Dojo.

Yes... yes I did, but they didnt specify anything, just an idea they got from a forum user about a room that spit out mission rewards. Hence why I suggested maybe the ideas could be merged.

Yes... yes I did, but they didnt specify anything, just an idea they got from a forum user about a room that spit out mission rewards. Hence why I suggested maybe the ideas could be merged.

I stand corrected. 

If you would watch the livestream again, you would see that this special room they talked about, gives you the possibility for special clan missions.

my idea has nothing to do with clans. Sure, the mat thing would support clans, but my idea is something outside the clan room stuff.....

Their whole focus is on clans and co-op gameplay.  They want you to play with people, introducing solo only missions would be counter-intuitive.

I stand corrected. 

Their whole focus is on clans and co-op gameplay.  They want you to play with people, introducing solo only missions would be counter-intuitive.

Is it called Warframe or Warclan?

I dont see how restricting people for not having many friends playing the game or not an super awesome internet or not being in a mega corp clan is helpfull. That is actually counter-intuitive.

Besides that.

KoP123 idea would solve you "problem"

Quote:

I think if it is to be done coop, each player has to pay or the friends who join the host have a 1/4-1/10 chance to get "information"

maybe each friend who comes, charges host a extra 1/3 cash. so people really work together to get places."

Edited by Venarge